The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I got asked if I was pregnant yesterday and I felt so awkward but the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. I really wish people would just keep these assumptions to themselves. You dont know someone's history. You dont know that that women you just asked if she is pregnant has had 3 losses and now struggles with infertility. 

So please think before asking someone If they are pregnant.

Edited by AppleJack
  • Like 3

when i was a kid, some other kid tried to convince me he was a spy

he kept it up for months- crafted elaborate stories and backgrounds and made up fake spy associate characters for his narrative

he claimed to have a girlfriend named alexis who was also a spy and whose dad was the head person at his agency

anyway, we went to a camp for a few days on a trip organized by our school, and while we were there, he pretended to do this thing he called 'berserker mode' or something which is basically going super saiyan as far as i could interpret

when he did it, we were isolated, in the woods and away from the main structures at the camp grounds

he acted like he wasn't himself any longer, like he was some sort of possessed being, and came at me in a threatening manner. i put my hand up and told him to back off, but he didn't and kept coming at me.

so i punched him as hard as i could in the stomach and he fell down and writhed in pain for like 15 mins

Edited by 112
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interview this morning with the Community Justice Centre, it's only a volunteer position but a good way to get my foot in the door to help with my Social Services Diploma (Still need to be accepted for this September, think i'll be a waitlist candidate). I haven't had a job interview since 2013, so this should be an adventure! Restorative Justice is a really cool concept and would really like to be a part of it here in the Comox Valley.

• Upvote 2
On 7/31/2019 at 7:07 PM, Cramarossa said:

As I get older my mental health just gets worse and worse. It's scary to think that my new "normal" is a permanent decline in the accuracy of my perception of the world around me, and a continual struggle with depression and anxiety. 

It's so hard to accept that I will always be fighting this, but will never win. 

To me the thing is that if you can't win, make sure you never lose.

There is help out there, be it one on one, or groups.

Your new" normal" may only be a temporary dip, that you wrongly perceive  as, your "normal"  from now on.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, bishopshodan said:

It's Hobbit tradition to give gifts to others on their birthdays. 

I think it should be that way. 

My sister has two daughters (now aged 14 and 12) and they have been doing something like this right from the start.

On their birthday, the birthday girl always has a gift for her sibling.  I always thought it was a cool tradition.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

My sister has two daughters (now aged 14 and 12) and they have been doing something like this right from the start.

On their birthday, the birthday girl always has a gift for her sibling.  I always thought it was a cool tradition.

Satanists celebrate their birthdays.