The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

On December 23, 2019 at 10:24 PM, luckylager said:

Confession -

If my Mom and Wife somehow manipulate me into going to mass tomorrow, I'm doing some shrooms.

update?

if you want real existential horror, do shrooms and then read the sermon in portrait of the artist as a young man

4 hours ago, brilac said:

It's Christmas, and I am not having a good Christmas.  My cat is at the animal hospital, and I have been up all night. It's serious, and I am completely overwhelmed. 

So sorry to hear it.  All the best for both of you!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, brilac said:

Unfortunately Sally's condition took a turn for the worst.  The doctor called me just after midnight, and we talked, and I decided the best decision was to put her down. The doctor advised that either way she was not going to survive.   It was a hard decision, and I did what was best for Sally. 

Sorry to hear it.  Those of us in the pet thread at least know how much you care for Sally, and are sure you did the right thing.  It's never easy, of course. Hopefully it doesn't ruin future Christmases for you... it would be nice if each year you can take some time to remember all the good times with her instead of spending much of the season all sad.

My wife still gets upset occasionally over our previous dog, who we put to sleep almost 2 years ago, and she knows others that suffer for years after.  Everyone is different, and it doesn't make 'em wrong for feeling that extra pain.  Feel what you feel, and take comfort as you can.

Edit: 14 years... nice!  Never long enough, but Sally sure sounds like she had a great life with you.

Edited by Kragar
saw your obit in the Pet thread after I wrote the above
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, brilac said:

Unfortunately Sally's condition took a turn for the worst.  The doctor called me just after midnight, and we talked, and I decided the best decision was to put her down. The doctor advised that either way she was not going to survive.   It was a hard decision, and I did what was best for Sally. 

Sorry about this Brilac as most of us here are aware of your bond.

• Thanks 1
On 12/26/2019 at 3:11 AM, brilac said:

My condolences hon :(

• Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty @brilac. I know you love Sally with all your heart. I know it's so painful (I had to put one of my cats down a couple years back), but I hope you can take solace in the fact that you gave her a great life and - when things became not so great - did what was needed to bring her peace. 

From one cat mom to another: my deepest, most sincere condolences. :(

Edited by Cramarossa
  • Thanks 1

Also.

not a confession but what thread do I say this?

please be careful on the roads.  Stay focused.

guy swerved into my lane last night on a dark corner and sheared my mirror off.  Would have been head on at 55 if I hadn’t swerved last split second.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1