The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

Welp, two days into the weekend and both days I've been stood up. Once by a best friend who acted like we didn't have plans all week and didn't acknowledge it, and the other one who knows I love her... and now on Sunday I have to do the stuff I put off to be with people who didn't make the time for me :(

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really hurt by this.

• Huggy Bear 1

I neglected to start on Assignment 3 for my English class to try and get notes caught up for Psychology.

I have to write a research proposal and annotated bibliography. Was thinking about doing it on Restorative Justice but coming up with a thesis statement for me is like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:31 PM, Coconuts said:

I hate how making friends and meeting people seems to get harder as I get older, it's depressing. 

Look at it this way.

you now have the skills through life experience to find the truly good people to invest your time/emotions in.

Edited by riffraff
  • Huggy Bear 2
On 2/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, c00kies said:

Welp, two days into the weekend and both days I've been stood up. Once by a best friend who acted like we didn't have plans all week and didn't acknowledge it, and the other one who knows I love her... and now on Sunday I have to do the stuff I put off to be with people who didn't make the time for me :(

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really hurt by this.

Sounds like my friends.

Worst feeling.

• Huggy Bear 1
6 hours ago, J-23 said:

Sounds like my friends.

Worst feeling.

To be fair, one of mine was an ex. It seems she has totally moved on now (we had tentative plans to reconvene after her trips, but that has changed since she seemingly is with someone else).

• Huggy Bear 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm dropping my ex's meds off sometime soon, which will probably be the last interaction (though we won't really see each other) I have with her. I'm not sure I'll ever feel love that way again, especially since she was almost obsessed with me, and I didn't have to wonder if she loved me or not. She now has a new boyfriend after pushing me aside (she was feeling better and didn't want to kill herself for the first time in a long time), so I feel like a stepping stone.

I'm not sure if that kind of connection will be possible, but I'm scared that I'll be single for life because I forgot how to date (I've been on 2 since, but neither was great).

26 minutes ago, c00kies said:

So I'm dropping my ex's meds off sometime soon, which will probably be the last interaction (though we won't really see each other) I have with her. I'm not sure I'll ever feel love that way again, especially since she was almost obsessed with me, and I didn't have to wonder if she loved me or not. She now has a new boyfriend after pushing me aside (she was feeling better and didn't want to kill herself for the first time in a long time), so I feel like a stepping stone.

I'm not sure if that kind of connection will be possible, but I'm scared that I'll be single for life because I forgot how to date (I've been on 2 since, but neither was great).

you seem like a good and gentle soul cookies. In this case, maybe she should come pick up the meds. 

• Huggy Bear 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you seem like a good and gentle soul cookies. In this case, maybe she should come pick up the meds. 

I appreciate that :)

Well, she's self-isolating hard because her parents are both immune compromised. She doesn't have a mailbox, so I was gonna drop it on her front step, message her, see the door open, and leave.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I did some self surgery last night, it involved a fresh exacto blade and some sawing so let's leave it at that.  Anyways so far so good but it's too early to tell if I am out of the woods yet.  

Cringefactor: 9.3/10

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I did some self surgery last night, it involved a fresh exacto blade and some sawing so let's leave it at that.  Anyways so far so good but it's too early to tell if I am out of the woods yet.  

Cringefactor: 9.3/10

In grown hair or some type of puncture wound?

Once I was walking down the street in Montreal, and saw an advertisement of sushi tacos on the side of a bus, and knew that sushi tacos were meant for me.  After eating sushi tacos, I then knew they were not meant for me... I was sick hours afterwards.

• Haha 1

Another time in Montreal, after wine I was a bit drunk, and came up with this idea of ‘Tourism at Night,’ and walked around Old Montreal oohing and aweing at everything.  Even though I had a bit of wine, it was fun to walk around Old Montreal looking at everything.

Another time, I landed at YUL, and while on the bus heading to downtown, I had this idea to go take selfies outside the Bell Centre.  So I got off the bus, dropped off my luggage at the hotel, and walked to the Bell Centre, and took selfies next to statues.  It wasn’t even Hockey season.

Edited by brilac