The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I was noticing how much plastic was in my Brita filters. Since I drink coffee and tea anyways, and I boil water a couple of times a day. Instead of using Brita filters. I just take the half kettle of water and pour it into clean 1 litre milk glass bottles. So I always have 2-3 litres of water in my fridge. 

When I die I want some of my ashes or DNA to be placed in a small everlasting container. I would like that container sent into outer space... out into the great unknown. 

Just to see if an alien race finds me, Jurassic Parks me, and to see if that reincarnation remembers me.

Wait, is this the 'post when you're stoned' thread?

I confess ~

I've been taking this college course, and took a quiz at 6am.  I did not do too well on it, and I knew the stuff.  Now I am too nervous to do the other assignment, and I have not slept.  I took a nap around 7pm and woke up at 11:30pm with lots of energy.  Even though I want to do the assignment, I may need to sleep first and then do the assignment. 

• 3 weeks later...

First time being high in almost a year this weekend, and I relapsed on nicotine this weekend after 2 weeks.  Don’t feel bad about the weed, but the nicotine is a rough pill to swallow.  I wasn’t craving for a few days, but back to day one.

• 2 weeks later...

I confess ~

Since March, I have lost 15 pounds by not drinking a lot of champagne and eating at the restaurants.  Three days ago I discovered Uber Eats, and have been ordering. Gosh I love burgers, fries, and burritos! I need to stop! I just placed an order five minutes for a burger and fries... 

• Cheers 1
On 8/16/2020 at 10:50 PM, brilac said:

I confess ~

Since March, I have lost 15 pounds by not drinking a lot of champagne and eating at the restaurants.  Three days ago I discovered Uber Eats, and have been ordering. Gosh I love burgers, fries, and burritos! I need to stop! I just placed an order five minutes for a burger and fries... 

I am under 190lbs. for the first time in a long time.

Also today is my 2 year anniversary of being booze free.  Was never an alcoholic but I didn't like it in my system, still smoke copious amount of weed lol.

• Cheers 2

I'm obsessed with taking political compass quizzes online.

I just took the political sextant quiz and apparently I can call myself a "Bleeding Heart Libertarianism", "Free Market Environmentalism", and "Third Way".  On the Nolan chart I'm barely a libertarian, just on the cusp of being a moderate.  On the standard quadrant quiz I get anywhere from lib-left to lib-right (depends how I'm feeling that day, and what's going around the world).

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Also today is my 2 year anniversary of being booze free.  Was never an alcoholic but I didn't like it in my system, still smoke copious amount of weed lol.

I'm down 30lbs since mid-march.  Granted I still have more to go to be a healthy weight.

Were you able to start running again?  I was going 3 days a week for 35 minutes (plus making sure I got 10K steps the other days) but my knee that I had surgery on started to get stiff and sore.  Once it was better (took 7 days), I decided to turn it to run once every 3 days.  It meant 2 less runs over a 3 week span (7 vs 9), but that seems to be the sweet spot as I haven't had my knee bug me since.

• Cheers 2
14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm down 30lbs since mid-march.  Granted I still have more to go to be a healthy weight.

Were you able to start running again?  I was going 3 days a week for 35 minutes (plus making sure I got 10K steps the other days) but my knee that I had surgery on started to get stiff and sore.  Once it was better (took 7 days), I decided to turn it to run once every 3 days.  It meant 2 less runs over a 3 week span (7 vs 9), but that seems to be the sweet spot as I haven't had my knee bug me since.

Yup back on the horse, been averaging about 22km/week on 5 or 6 sessions.  I love those midnight runs on the weekend, I usually go twice as long.  The Dr. Scholls insoles are a godsend, no more shin splints or tendinitis for now and they patched my smartwatch so it doesn't randomly stop during workouts.

• Upvote 1
On 8/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, Tre Mac said:

That's great Tre Mac! I am one for the champagne, but have been drinking a lot of kombucha lately.  I am not a marijuana smoker, and champagne is my thing.  I would really like to go to the wineries.  Can't wait till I can go!  Maybe take a nice ride over to Victoria when I can. 

• Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I can't stop ordering clothes online!

Most of them fit me, and that's fine...I'll never wear them outside, cuz I think it's disrespectful to our national textile industry to wear clothing that was assembled in a foreign land. But I can't help it! I'm addicted to the low low prices & free shipping. 

The real problem is the clothes that DON'T fit me....I have real reservations about returning online purchases, I don't want to put my return address on the package in case someone steals my identity. So.....I burn the clothes. Which isn't so bad, except the pollution...there's a lot of black smoke & my neighbor has PTSD & Chron's disease, so the smoke is really bad for her. She never asks me to stop, but once I hear her on the toilet, I know it's because of my clothing fire.

I try to burn the clothes as fast as possible, so I find dumping large amounts of kerosene on the clothes really helps...but then I get all woozy! Oh well, that's the price we pay for haute couture I guess.

I'm not buying this.

You're skinny so you shouldn't have that many clothes to burn and it's weird that you know every time your neighbour is in the bathroom. 

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

I can't stop ordering clothes online!

Most of them fit me, and that's fine...I'll never wear them outside, cuz I think it's disrespectful to our national textile industry to wear clothing that was assembled in a foreign land. But I can't help it! I'm addicted to the low low prices & free shipping. 

The real problem is the clothes that DON'T fit me....I have real reservations about returning online purchases, I don't want to put my return address on the package in case someone steals my identity. So.....I burn the clothes. Which isn't so bad, except the pollution...there's a lot of black smoke & my neighbor has PTSD & Chron's disease, so the smoke is really bad for her. She never asks me to stop, but once I hear her on the toilet, I know it's because of my clothing fire.

I try to burn the clothes as fast as possible, so I find dumping large amounts of kerosene on the clothes really helps...but then I get all woozy! Oh well, that's the price we pay for haute couture I guess.

OMG I have the same problem

• Like 1