The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we sign Big Bert?

jdavies44

Sorry if this is duplicated, I searched and couldn't find it.

Should we sign Todd? He is an unrestricted free agent and could provide another big body in front of the net (albeit old body). Wouldn't have to be long, just a a year or two. I think if we waited a bit, we could get him at a good price.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this is duplicated, I searched and couldn't find it.

Should we sign Todd? He is an unrestricted free agent and could provide another big body in front of the net (albeit old body). Wouldn't have to be long, just a a year or two. I think if we waited a bit, we could get him at a good price.

Thoughts?

I think management said that they are done with the changes. But assuming there is room...i wouldn't mind giving him a shot or a tryout.

He might be good for some depth.

1. I don't see where he would slot into our lineup, seeing as it's already pretty close to set, barring training camp surprises.

2. I think the timing would be horrible seeing as the case was literally just settled. I'd like to continue looking forward, not into the past.

3. He would still fetch a reasonable salary would be not? I'm too lazy to look up his salary last year but I would assume it would be decent, and do we even have the space?

Bert can still be a presence on the ice, but I just don't think he fits the new image canucks of building around younger, 2 way type of players. I vote no.

It would be awesome if we brought him back to the place where his career began. He'll be a nice 4th line Center or a scratched depends on our young guns performances

If you're going to troll, it's probably easier to piss people off if it doesn't seem like you're being intentionally stupid.

It would be awesome if we brought him back to the place where his career began. He'll be a nice 4th line Center or a scratched depends on our young guns performances

I agree - he should totally go the the NYI.

As for coming back to Vancouver… dear sweet baby jesus NO!

The smartest thing any organization can do is to constantly evolve. In general hockey as a culture tends to be most comfortable with surrounding themselves with the past. Hopefully the Canucks understand and appreciate the fact they do not need to re-hire Bertuzzi.

Archived