The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dealing through Ebay or Kijiji (WARNING)

ScotianLifestyle

Maybe north bay gets used more for kijiji? More hits = better chance to sell. Not from Ontario though so only a guess.

Both sites though do have warnings about shipping items and not meeting in person.

I would use paypal. He can send you an invoice on the goods being shipped. Than you get a receipt and paypal security on the item being sent.

The Richmond Hill area would get 100x the hits of the North Bay area. Richmond hill is just 30 minutes from Toronto and the Entire GTA population is around 8M. Durham Region would read that as well so it would get a ton of views.

You have to realize we are all wide open and exposed while using the internet.

For instance, I've used Google talk for long distance calls, then I'll notice adds start popping up for something I discussed in the phone call.

It's especially bad if you use anything Google related,

I friend of mine met an NSA agent on a flight last year, I guess the guy was drunk or something so he started showing my friend how they can access any online content they want.

So for those of you who put your whole lives on Facebook, that's exactly what they want.

Not saying get off the internet, but everyone should be aware that anything you do online can and will be monitored.

You have to realize we are all wide open and exposed while using the internet.

For instance, I've used Google talk for long distance calls, then I'll notice adds start popping up for something I discussed in the phone call.

It's especially bad if you use anything Google related,

I friend of mine met an NSA agent on a flight last year, I guess the guy was drunk or something so he started showing my friend how they can access any online content they want.

So for those of you who put your whole lives on Facebook, that's exactly what they want.

Not saying get off the internet, but everyone should be aware that anything you do online can and will be monitored.

Exactly internet privacy was so early 2000's... Now a days with social media you can literally find information on anyone that has or even had an account at one point. Even if you make it private there are keywords you can put in Google that will show cached data or websites that have your information because it was sold to them by the social media sites.

Best thing is to never put sensitive information online.

I've been on eBay for many years (mostly as a buyer) and feel secure there.

I can say the same about my Paypal account as well.

My accounts and shipping address are verified through eBay itself.

As for CRAIGSLIST!

I use craigslist as well but there's a lot of time wasters and scammers out there to be sure...

Is it still for sale?... time waster

Do you want to go on a date?... scammer

I'll buy it sight on seen and have someone pick it up for me... scammer

My terms are stated in my ads... cash sales and local pickup only.

I use a 2nd email address to communicate (no phone) and use my middle name till I feel comfortable with buyers or sellers.

I rarely have anyone to my home, I meet them in a public place for the most part.

my 2¢

I've been on eBay for many years (mostly as a buyer) and feel secure there.

I can say the same about my Paypal account as well.

My accounts and shipping address are verified through eBay itself.

As for CRAIGSLIST!

I use craigslist as well but there's a lot of time wasters and scammers out there to be sure...

Is it still for sale?... time waster

Do you want to go on a date?... scammer

I'll buy it sight on seen and have someone pick it up for me... scammer

My terms are stated in my ads... cash sales and local pickup only.

I use a 2nd email address to communicate (no phone) and use my middle name till I feel comfortable with buyers or sellers.

I rarely have anyone to my home, I meet them in a public place for the most part.

my 2¢

Same Starbucks or some populated place works great for meeting someone so that way you don't get robbed or mobbed..

Yea the paypal thing is huge. Those guys will #*%^ you over if your not careful. The other one, if you buy and sell alot of vehicles on Kijiji like I do, is getting called constantly from an agency claiming for $500 they guarantee to sell your vehicle in x amount of time, however if you look into it if it's not sold in 15 days or something they keep your $500. Also posting vehicles for sale I get alot of texts from all over north America claiming to be interested and they ask for the maintenance history and VIN #. I believe this is either to use the VIN to track and steal your identity, or to create a VIN to swap into a stolen vehicle.

Archived