The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PSN is down again

Tiger Singh, if PSN wasn't down you wouldn't be on CDC with both dupes at once being bored out of your mind. Right on PSN's website: The PlayStation Network is currently: Offline.

As for PSN being down that sucks. Seems like PSN is always down because of maintenance or hacked. Sony needs to beef up their security/bandwidth. According to the hackers, the lower security of PSN is why it was targeted.

And the reason why PSN is down more and not Live is because like it or not, Xbox Live is more secure and safer from hackers. There have been a few instances in the past because Live isn't impossible to crack, but fact is it's more secure.

Tiger Singh, if PSN wasn't down you wouldn't be on CDC with both dupes at once being bored out of your mind. Right on PSN's website: The PlayStation Network is currently: Offline.

As for PSN being down that sucks. Seems like PSN is always down because of maintenance or hacked. Sony needs to beef up their security. According to the hackers, the lower security of PSN is why it was targeted.

And the reason why PSN is down more and not Live is because like it or not, Xbox Live is more secure and safer from hackers. There have been a few instances in the past because Live isn't impossible to crack, but fact is it's more secure.

Actually I choose to be on here right now, idk why though lol. It's a sunny day I should go out and play soccer or something

PS2 will come to the rescue. Great replacement ;)

Exactly smh to the 1st post. Maybe it don't work due to their poor Internet service

Or maybe it doesn't work because it's effecting many people. Did you bother looking into it at all? I assumed you did with all the free time you have.

It's confirmed down for MOST people on their official twitter page and website. Most people on here have a very good internet connection. It's 2014 now. No one with crappy Internet bought a Playstation with the intent of playing online. If they can afford a playstation, they can afford a good internet connection.

The hackers are trying to bring down Xbox Live now.

Xbox.ca:

Social and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

• xboxone_icon.png

Xbox One

• xbox360_icon.png

Xbox 360

For now, I can still login and play but we'll see how this plays out. Apparently they sent a bomb threat to one of the head execs at Sony, John Smedley. His flight was re-routed to Phoenix (instead of California) because the same hacker group used bomb threats. WTF is wrong with people? They now officially have the FBI after them.

EDIT: Microsoft has said XBL is back up and running. Whatever the hackers tried to do to Live didn't last very long.

Relax people, it was down earlier today. It was down for me, and it was down for a lot of people as confirmed by Twitter and a lot of other major tech sites.

People in here are like the worst scientists ever. Here is what you people are like:

Friend comes over and he is soaking wet. He says it was because it's raining.

You say, "Really?"

He says, "Yes," and then produces local weather reports that show that it is raining and it is supposed to rain all morning.

In the afternoon, you go outside and do not get wet therefore you conclude it is not raining, nor did it ever rain. So you come back in and are say, "It's not raining, maybe you are a liar!"

Finally, cheers to Lups for providing the only reasonable responses in this thread.

My PS3 works, but my Xbox One doesn't and so doesn't my PS4. Both got DDOS attacked.

Did you try troubleshooting in the Network tab on the One? Test your connection and see what it says. Or can you not even log in? Whatever the hackers tried to do to Xbox didn't last very long as Microsoft resolved that issue rather quickly.

For me, both the 360 and One are working like normal with no noticeable hiccups or glitches. I checked a few games on X1 (Titanfall and BF4) and 360 (CoD: Black Ops 2 and Halo). The player count seems to be what they normally are.

EDIT: Did a quick google search and it seems a lot of people got their X1's working again by doing a hard reset. Don't think 360 was even attacked at all today.

Archived