Big Daddy Kane !

Kendrick Lamar

LL Cool J

Rick Ross

Jadakiss

Bahamadia

Tech 9

just to name a few lol ......

Lol you only named like 20 and Em is better than 95% of your list... Everyone's entitled to an opinion though, yours is just bad is all.

i don't really listen to eminem because i'm neither angsty nor 16 years old. but you have to recognize the dude is oozing with talent that far, far, far exceeds the goddamn RASCALZ lol

easily a top 5 of all time, and i don't even listen to him

Honestly in my opinion Eminem is the biggest waste of talent the rap industry has ever seen. The guy is as talented as any rapper ever, but he doesn't seem to know how to make good music anymore. Although, sometimes he has flashes of greatness, like his verses off "Renegade" and "Forever". I probably won't even listen to much if any of his new album.

Immortal technique

Tu pac

Snoop

Goodie Mob

Masta Killa

KRS-1

Warren-G n Nate Dogg

Big Pun

Biggie

Wu-Tang

Pete Rock

Showbiz & AG

Hieroglyphics

NWA

Rakim

Rascalz

People under the Stairs

Ghetto Boys

Nas

Redman & Method Man

BUSTA RYHMES !!!!

Big Daddy Kane !

Kendrick Lamar

LL Cool J

Rick Ross

Jadakiss

Bahamadia

Tech 9

just to name a few lol ......

I crossed out ones that I know 100% Eminem is better than. Left with 7, remove groups so no NWA or Wu Tang(doesn't matter how good you are, more rappers most likely will win) so that leaves 5. Snoop is good but lyrically/meaning in lyrics he isn't anywhere near Em, his sound is what makes him popular. 4 left. Rakim is pretty even to Em lyrically but Em wins in other categories so 3 left. Nas and Em are a toss up for the 3rd all time spot so whatever. Tupac and Biggie are great rappers definitely some of the best but why are they really always a #1/#2 all time? Its because they dies before they could put out too many bad songs and died as rap was in its prime and they helped revolutionize rap. If they hadn't died, I wonder if they would still be known as the best to live

I crossed out ones that I know 100% Eminem is better than. Left with 7, remove groups so no NWA or Wu Tang(doesn't matter how good you are, more rappers most likely will win) so that leaves 5. Snoop is good but lyrically/meaning in lyrics he isn't anywhere near Em, his sound is what makes him popular. 4 left. Rakim is pretty even to Em lyrically but Em wins in other categories so 3 left. Nas and Em are a toss up for the 3rd all time spot so whatever. Tupac and Biggie are great rappers definitely some of the best but why are they really always a #1/#2 all time? Its because they dies before they could put out too many bad songs and died as rap was in its prime and they helped revolutionize rap. If they hadn't died, I wonder if they would still be known as the best to live

Ethered....

You guys are bickering on here like one rapper being better than another is an objective fact. Each person has his own opinion and you're free to disagree, but don't go on like your opinions are objective facts.

Guts Over Fear is the title song for the new Denzel movie coming out called The Equalizer. Although I'm pretty sure the song is mainly for his new album but it's in the trailers for The Equalizer.

Either way I've heard that this might just be Eminem's last album through rumours on the internet. I've enjoyed Eminem my entire life and he's a top 5 rapper to me, so it's definetly going to be tough to see him go.

I honestly could care less about 2pac as I have never liked much of his music, I don't even consider him to be a top 5 and barely a top 10 all time rapper.

My top 5 list is based on rappers that I've listened to and really gotten behind (no order)

Kanye West (one of the greats)

Eminem (one of the all time greats)

Kendrick Lamar (bright future ahead)

Childish Gambino (killing it since Royalty)

Jay-Z (one of the greats also)

I also really like Biggie, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Game, etc... but I put those in my top 5 based on how often I listen to their songs and how many of their songs I have on my phone/mp3 player. Each person has their preference especially when it comes to things like music/movies, so everyone just needs to chill out a bit.

Tupac put out like 50+ garbage songs

You guys are bickering on here like one rapper being better than another is an objective fact. Each person has his own opinion and you're free to disagree, but don't go on like your opinions are objective facts.

this is what you call a "conversation"

Honestly in my opinion Eminem is the biggest waste of talent the rap industry has ever seen. The guy is as talented as any rapper ever, but he doesn't seem to know how to make good music anymore. Although, sometimes he has flashes of greatness, like his verses off "Renegade" and "Forever". I probably won't even listen to much if any of his new album.

I kind of agree. Not sure if he's the Biggest Waste, that'd be a long list in hip hop, more than any other genre it's a 'right time right place' type deal - I'm sure some of the best talents were barely heard by anyone because they didn't hook up with the right producers and record label.

But he's been pretty frustrating to me. I keep giving new stuff a chance hoping to be blown away by the creativity & complexity of something like Guilty Conscience, Bad Meets Evil or Stan, but it hasn't happened, for me anyways. Those first two albums are legitimate masterpieces though. I've wondered how much that had to do with the influence of the Bass Brothers, which is why I asked about Rick Rubin. The interview I read with the two of them last year in Rolling Stone came off like Rick had really re-energized him on making music.

pretty much agree with everything you're saying here. this could also be said about loads of other rappers too (take out "biggest waste of talent" and put in "big waste of talent"). so many rappers can't even release a full album of good music, let alone 2 or 3

I agree that there are tons of other rappers who have wasted their talent for various reasons both in their control and out of their control. I'm sure you could make a case for both Big L and Biggie because of how early they died in their careers, and many others. That being said, me saying that Em is the biggest waste of talent ever in the rap game I think speaks to how talented I truly think he is. I hope his next album can recapture some of his greatness, but I said the same thing about MMLP 2 and look how that turned out. I mean wtf was "Berzerk"?...

If you say so .. You lost all credibility when you put William Roberts on that list though. Lemme guess, #28 Lil Wayne, #29 Drake etc........ Frack outta here

tumblr_mcya93yYSA1qm6av0o6_250.gif

Lil wayne ? you consider that rap ? Drake is not worth the toilet paper i wipe my ass with.

The artists i listed are lyrical masters. The beats they lay down sound tight and well put together. Feels like nails on a chalk board when i listen to Eminem's delivery. I have watched rap grow from eloquent spoken word to a basic mumbling of phrases to un syncopated( if that is even a word) beats.

As for credibility ? to who ? to you ? Go back to sleep dude .....

I crossed out ones that I THINK Eminem is better than. Left with 7, remove groups so no NWA or Wu Tang(doesn't matter how good you are, more rappers most likely will win) so that leaves 5. Snoop is good but lyrically/meaning in lyrics he isn't anywhere near Em, his sound is what makes him popular. 4 left. Rakim is pretty even to Em lyrically but Em wins in other categories so 3 left. Nas and Em are a toss up for the 3rd all time spot so whatever. Tupac and Biggie are great rappers definitely some of the best but why are they really always a #1/#2 all time? Its because they dies before they could put out too many bad songs and died as rap was in its prime and they helped revolutionize rap. If they hadn't died, I wonder if they would still be known as the best to live

FIFY. How many of the rappers or groups I listed have you actually listened to ? The individuals in those groups are unreal in there own right. I personally cannot stand Eminem's delivery or much of his lyircs. But i have listened to plenty of his stuff to try to appreciate his style.There are so many other talented artists with much better production and sound.

KRS smashes Em all day and night imho

Archived