The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst ever CDC trolls

Desjardins' Mustache

Ban TSN has actually really upped his game recently,

I remember the trolling at first, but then he switched gears and actually posted some great discussion material, he has been a knowledgeable and intelligent voice in most threads I've seen recently.

He gets my vote for most improved CDC poster.

tom-haverford-gif.gif

They studied at the I Don't Know School of Spelling and have also cheered for Henrick and Bieska in the past.

(I remember Stinky, his handful of posts and -250 rep)

Thank god SOMEONE remembers him!

I was beginning to worry I had made him up as an imaginary friend or something.

Ahhh, the Neg rep button...those were good times.

When I first started, I remember posters like stawns, Shawn Rocker, and StinkyMetal who were, I guess, the "unpopular" posters with their threads, posts, and opinions on these boards. Then we had phases with RF2233, the Rep button twins, the R.Luongo1 kid, maybe a few others.

I was inactive on CDC for a little bit in the last year or so but I do remember Steve Bennett(I think he was also at HF) and his posts were very trollish.

I spent a lot of time in Fantasy as well, nothing too serious there. Don't mean to steal your thunder, PK, but we had some of the most gullible suckers in Fantasy during the period of 2010-2012 when I was there. But I will give you, Kovy, and Caboose credit for the time you guys had the "we takin ova" act and chirped all the GMs in the RGMG google docs chat. Classic :lol:

Good! Someone else remembers him!

How would you compare Stinky with Bennett? Who was the superior troll, in your estimation?

Good! Someone else remembers him!

How would you compare Stinky with Bennett? Who was the superior troll, in your estimation?

Well, unfortunately, I should have specified that the name rings a bell more so than his posts. But in terms of comparison with Bennett, I think StinkyMetal was more all around in his trolling, using multiple sections of the forums. I think Bennett was just prominent in CT and trade proposals. Maybe Stinky since the boards, in my experience, have become less tolerant as time has gone in, so he was probably able to get away with more.

Self aggrandizement.

Pretty much. He'd contribute some interesting and informative stuff in there and occasionally slap some small-minded ignoramus back to the the backwoods they crawled out of in the process (which was certainly amusing) but mostly he seemed to toot his own horn while patting his own back.

I will always be grateful to him for turning me on to the Aeropress though. Damn that thing makes good coffee! Thank you Wet for that, wherever you are (HF?).

he is the new king now, but atleast all of his copying and pasting has substance. They guy is handy during free agency and trades.

Wetcoaster however would literally copy and paste articles.. Just to make a point. Some would take up an entire page in athread...

lol I forgot about him. Def the worst.

Wasn't wetcoaster just more of an annoying pseudo-mod more so than a troll? I remember some threads where he posted articles that would take up a good page or so but other times, he would just come in, identify some rule broken for the slightest thing and you would see his "to err is human" message. Maybe I wasn't around long enough?

Wasn't wetcoaster just more of an annoying pseudo-mod more so than a troll? I remember some threads where he posted articles that would take up a good page or so but other times, he would just come in, identify some rule broken for the slightest thing and you would see his "to err is human" message. Maybe I wasn't around long enough?

You're thinking Bertuzzi Babe, or even Tearloch7.

Pretty much the same, except one is somehow not banned. :lol:

Archived