The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Bruins Need A Trade For Cap Space

Lui's Knob

There is more teams then just Boston who need to make cap space...

In order from how high over, to how low.

Philadelphia = -$4,936,429

Chicago = -$2,216,795

Tampa Bay = -$1,877,927

Boston = -$809,143

Philly will put Pronger and Timmonen on LTIR once the season starts, thats close to $7m in cap space cleared, Thier only issue is finding a way to get cap compliant for opening day. The other three teams may need to make some moves to get compliant but nothing in the way of a blockbuster will be required

Just looking at capgeek armchair gm for the bruins, and if they have to pay krug $3.5 and smith $4, which seems fair to me based on their production last year, the bruins are screwed, even after savard goes on ltir......

Krug and Smith won't get near that.

Just looking at capgeek armchair gm for the bruins, and if they have to pay krug $3.5 and smith $4, which seems fair to me based on their production last year, the bruins are screwed, even after savard goes on ltir......

They won't make that much. They were both not arbitration eligible nor are they eligible for offer sheets. In such cases the team has all the leverage, so unless Krug decides that the KHL is his best option he will sign for a lot less than 3.5M. The same with Smith.

Philly will put Pronger and Timmonen on LTIR once the season starts, thats close to $7m in cap space cleared, Thier only issue is finding a way to get cap compliant for opening day. The other three teams may need to make some moves to get compliant but nothing in the way of a blockbuster will be required

Actually this is a misconception. The Flyers just have to do a little bit of creating accounting to balance the books so to speak. I believe there was an article explaining how they manage it. I think it went something like you can put a player on LTIR during training camp, you just have to make sure that the amount that you go over the cap matches as close to the cap hit of the player being put on LTIR. I think the article probably explains it better and gets the details right as I read it a while back. But you are correct that the Flyers don't have to make a move.

I'd honestly rather not trade any of our youth or prospects for boychuk/Kelly/McQuaid. Trading away our prospects will only extend the length of our mediocrity. I'd rather not have a team that does "okay" every year and has not many prospects to look forward to in the Future. Only guy I would want is Hamilton, and we're going to have to give up a lot of assets for him, so no thanks.

i would think that benning would have a petty good idea if any deal with boston would be good or not...

they aren't about to trade their youth...as was mentioned here, boychuk, mcquaid or bartkowski....

bartkowski makes the most sense because he is signed for a longer time...the others are ufa after this season...

i'll trust benning's judgement...

Nope, not at all.

I wouldn't trade for Bartkowski but he is nothing like Sanguinetti.

Bartkowski is average in the ozone but great in the d zone. Sanguinetti is opposite.

Watch Sanguinetti get like 45-50 points and be in the the talks for the Norris Trophy. :huh:

In all seriousness, now would be the perfect time to rejuvenate his career. Give him a chance, Willie D!

Archived