The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Open practice?

1stLiner

I heard something awhile back about them doing it in Whistler this year? Or is that training camp?

Main camp is in Whistler.

Players will report to Rogers Arena on September 18th for camp physicals and testing. Then head up to Whistler for camp running September 19-22. They head back the evening of the 22nd and then start preseason on September 23.

EDIT: Totally forgot about the YoungStars Tourney, running September 12-15. Not sure if they'll have a mini camp (for prospects/rookies/invites) after the tourney closes and before main camp opens.

Rookie camps usually run until main camp, with maybe a short break of one day off. So I'd be surprised if they do nothing between the 15th and the 18th. Maybe they'll stay up in Penticton or maybe they'll come back down to Vancouver.

EDIT: maybe even the young guys will head straight to Whistler following the Penticton tournament?

The Whistler camp is open to the public. So is the YoungStars tourney (but need to buy tickets). I haven't heard details about attending any Vancouver portions of camp/preseason (other than the usual tickets for the preseason games).

Archived