The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 15 Same as NHL 14 on Current-Gen

Neymar

The servers for NHL games stay up for 3 years from when they are launched.

So the year the game is new, and the 2 following years. The quality of the servers usually sucks though

Yeah, I think that's it.

I wonder how many people will stick with 14?

Is it going to take awhile to find games in EASHL? It already does take awhile sometimes especially for playoffs in Elite so that might turn me off.

Forget about copying and pasting, they're cutting the features too! It's ridiculous.

Well, on PS3/360 it's copying and pasting. All the features are still there.

On PS4/One it's new gameplay and presentation but the features are cut besides HUT.

They're basically making the die hards choose which they want more: features or new graphics and presentation.

So will NHL 15 have all the same modes as 14 on PS3 and Xbox 360? Like eashl and GM connected and drafting ect? Or is the re-branded copy of 14 going to have features cut to make it synonymous with the next gen versions also?

Well, on PS3/360 it's copying and pasting. All the features are still there.

On PS4/One it's new gameplay and presentation but the features are cut besides HUT.

They're basically making the die hards choose which they want more: features or new graphics and presentation.

I think they made many changes, but going to a next gen console, I expected a lot more. Sure they improved some puck physics, a bunch of new animations, but when I see the game played as a whole, it still looks like the same game from previous gen. They took the same player models and added some weird shiny effect and the jersey ripple effect, which is not realistic, to make it look more "Next gen".

EA is also notorious for taking out features and then adding it back on a few years later and calling it a "New Feature".

In my opinion, when you have the opportunity to move to a new console with more hardware power, you have to overhaul the engine and build the game from ground up again. Just taking the previous gen's engine, adding a few new effects and features and then charging people 60-70 bucks is highway robbery. I haven't bought a NHL game since NHL 04.

I think they made many changes, but going to a next gen console, I expected a lot more. Sure they improved some puck physics, a bunch of new animations, but when I see the game played as a whole, it still looks like the same game from previous gen. They took the same player models and added some weird shiny effect and the jersey ripple effect, which is not realistic, to make it look more "Next gen".

EA is also notorious for taking out features and then adding it back on a few years later and calling it a "New Feature".

In my opinion, when you have the opportunity to move to a new console with more hardware power, you have to overhaul the engine and build the game from ground up again. Just taking the previous gen's engine, adding a few new effects and features and then charging people 60-70 bucks is highway robbery. I haven't bought a NHL game since NHL 04.

To be a little fair, it is on a new engine. The Ignite engine.

Archived