The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks VS Coyotes throwback night

xWCMx

According to Icethetics, the March 5th Canucks vs. Coyotes tilt will feature a throwback to Arizona's roots with (possibly) their 90s green/purple jerseys.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/9/8/arizona-coyotes-to-wear-throwback-jersey-in-march

With Arizona already officially announcing the throwback night, do you think this could be the time we see the return of our 90s spaghetti skate jersey from the Canucks? It would only make sense to have our team do the same.

I don't know if my TV could handle that amount of colour though !

Me too. The skate jersey was and still is my favourite, mostly because the players we had during that period were some of the best Canucks all time (not your Messier you can stay away from our team and sit on the Rangers bench), and I have never gotten used to a whale turned into the letter "C" after all these years (although it does make more sense given the Vancouver is on the ocean and orca whales can be watched by anyone who wants to spend some money, or sometimes just take a ferry over to the island and look for them).

True story. I met Messier on the ferry dressed like a fairy a week before we announced he was coming to Vancouver. He was wearing a long tan trench coat and a tan hat to cover his bald head - really a silly disguise. Met him in the gift shop. Grew up as a kid when Edmonton was dominating everyone, and had all their cards and lots of memorabilia - loved the oilers too. First impression was - why is he so small (expected him to be huge) and holy crow he has fat lips, to the point his face looks goofy (especially with how he was dressed). He was in the middle of the gift shop and nobody noticed him - when he saw me staring at him he smiled and winked - and I returned the favour and then we stared down for a while (about 30seconds), and then he waved and left. When I found out he was joining the team I had mixed feelings - I idolized him when I was a kid - but hated him for 94 and his brutal cross checks that went unpunished during the final. Never should have put our jersey on, turned out to be one of the silliest moves in Canucks history (especially when Keenan came over too) and he didn't do anything to deserve to wear our skate logo again (which rocks).

Archived