The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Eklund) Vancouver and Winnipeg working on trade around Evander Kane

2009cupchamps

By the way... Vancouver is a team to watch closely over the next week or so. There are just too many people telling me the Canucks are mulling over some potentially bigger deals...one source called one of them "A true shocker if they can pull it off." While he wouldn't confirm any names I have heard there is talk between Winnipeg and Vancouver around Evander Kane...

It would certainly be nice... one more true top 6 in our lineup.

Winnipeg is one of the few teams that can actually take quantity over quality and make themselves better. They have a tough time signing UFAs so getting some guys who are under contract for a couple years is a big deal for them.

I am always leery of the Kane rumours though, it just seems to obvious with him being from Vancouver. Certainly other teams would give more for him than us, and it is not like he has a NTC and can insist on going anywhere. I suspect he is in "anywhere but Winnipeg" mode now.

A smaller deal like Bogosian or Buff for Hansen/Richardson/pick could be more likely.

Just ???? stop...Eklund is a goof. Beyond me and everyone on CDC how he's a credible source. Nothing to see here..

lock it up.

I specifically put Eklund in the title for a reason. If you have no desire to discuss his rumors then don't waste your time posting. Others on the other hand enjoy the discussion on what a potential trade would revolve around even if it doesn't come true. So if you rather go discuss Ryan Millers unborn child (that's a hot hockey topic) then go ahead.

I am not the OP, but I really wish the mods would start giving out warnings to the doofus posters who spam up every Eklund thread with their useless comments about how he should be banned.

People go so far as to put Eklund in the title to allow folks to skip by the thread if they so wish.

It is getting tiresome when the subject has been decided several times by the admin and he is a permitted source.

I specifically put Eklund in the title for a reason. If you have no desire to discuss his rumors then don't waste your time posting. Others on the other hand enjoy the discussion on what a potential trade would revolve around even if it doesn't come true. So if you rather go discuss Ryan Millers unborn child (that's a hot hockey topic) then go ahead.

How many times has Eklund hinted that Vancouver is going to trade for Evander? Look how'd that turn out to, pretty much a big joke since the trade was hinted by Eklund so many times... It's not going to happen we don't want a locker room cancer..

I am not the OP, but I really wish the mods would start giving out warnings to the doofus posters who spam up every Eklund thread with their useless comments about how he should be banned.

People go so far as to put Eklund in the title to allow folks to skip by the thread if they so wish.

It is getting tiresome when the subject has been decided several times by the admin and he is a permitted source.

OP had no source posted up only copy and paste, I provided a link for the source.

Everyone thought, even the "best" insiders we would get the 10th, 24th, +Etem/DSP/Theo/Lindholm + 4th asset for Ryan Kesler.

My point, how can Eklund (or his sources know) exactly what the Canucks are mulling over and how much of a shocker it can be. It's impossible as probably only a handful (GM, scouts and assistants) knows what's going on. The GM would pretty know who the leaks are if it was leaked.

You can say that WNP is shopping Kane, that is acceptable, but fact is no one knows what the returns would be, so I can he claim it "significant" or a "shocker" when he wouldn't know the details. Fact is if Kane is that close to Vancouver, there is also realistically other teams involved that should have similar offers (otherwise Chevy is not doing his job)

Eklund's traffic on his site must be down for September, needed a Canucks rumors to generate some activity i guess.

How many times has Eklund hinted that Vancouver is going to trade for Evander? Look how'd that turn out to, pretty much a big joke since the trade was hinted by Eklund so many times... It's not going to happen we don't want a locker room cancer..

OP had no source posted up only copy and paste, I provided a link for the source.

Thanks for the link. I should have added it.

I'm sure Cheveldayoff is feeling the pressure to move on from the Evander crapstorm. I doubt we are the only team he's talking to however, and I'm sure other teams would outbid us.

I can't imagine us NOT being outbid.

I don;t think a Hansen/Horvat/2015 2nd round package would beat out what other teams would offer... and one would think that is as higher or higher than we would be willing to go.

Even thought it's Eklund, I could see a trade happening, JB has had time to just sit back and talk, without any pressure, nice spot to be in. Of course, he won't do anything unless he really likes the deal.

It's possible. Vancouver has an advantage in that it's the most likely place to make Kane happy and break him out of his funk.

Winnipeg is also one of the teams that would have a lot of interest in Eddie Lack. Lack plus a solid prospect (other than Virtanen/Horvat), plus a solid player might be enough.

Here's a question: if the proposed deal was Lack and Kassian for Kane, would you do it? That would be an interesting deal, and one that I think both sides would strongly consider.

I have no problem with the OP posting it. All I want is a rationale for allowing Eklund as a legitimate source, when it's obvious with anyone with eyes the majority of Eklund's rumours are just that. Rumours. Worse still it's rumours to get traffic on his website to earn him money.

He often posts rumours about Vancouver, Toronto, and other major markets so he gets traffic. The vast majority never pan out.

Dreger as much as I think he's a mouthpiece for Toronto is at least correct, and has legitimate sources. As is Bob MacKenzie.

Eklund's performance during the trade deadline and getting completely wrong information, on Sportsnet no less should be enough alone, to show he just makes stuff up.

Archived