The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Training Camp Thread ***Updated Daily***

-Vintage Canuck-

Really hoping for a breakout from Kassian. I hope Coach D can not just get him scoring and playing a complete game, but playing a smart game as well. Really worry about his decision making at times… a lot of times. Then again I've put faith in worst places before. My sleeper in a weird feeling season. BIG! or bust. Either my gut is right about him or it's bad gas.

Why would they cut Jensen!? C'mon!

Surprised anyone believed Benning that he would make room if the kids played good enough. GMs lie, Benning is no different. Jensen showed he belongs, should be on the team, Shinkaruk did too. Not that the AHL will hurt Shinkaruk, but I don't see how sending Jensen there again helps him in any way.

Surprised anyone believed Benning that he would make room if the kids played good enough. GMs lie, Benning is no different. Jensen showed he belongs, should be on the team, Shinkaruk did too. Not that the AHL will hurt Shinkaruk, but I don't see how sending Jensen there again helps him in any way.

You don't gut depth to simply put young guys on a team who merely played near the same level as NHL vets without having their record of consistency.

He was not going to steal a spot from Daniel, Vrbata, Burrows, Vey, Kassian, Higgins, Hansen, Matthias etc.

Patience, he'll play games up here this year with injuries and one of those ^^^ guys may be moved if Jensen can be consistent and contnue to improve playing top 6 minutes in Utica.

Jensen and Shinkaruk can spend time as Utica's first line and get 20 minutes a game. Those two are our top 6 winger call ups so having then play a role in the AHL that they would be playing here if called up is good long term development.

This. I would rather have Jensen get 20 minutes a night in the AHL, then have him as a frequent scratch and/ or only getting 10 mins a night

You don't gut depth to simply put young guys on a team who merely played near the same level as NHL vets without having their record of consistency.

He was not going to steal a spot from Daniel, Vrbata, Burrows, Vey, Kassian, Higgins, Hansen, Matthias etc.

Patience, he'll play games up here this year with injuries and one of those ^^^ guys may be moved if Jensen can be consistent and contnue to improve playing top 6 minutes in Utica.

I laugh at the idea he is being 'banished.'

Like....we won't see him again all year. :lol:

Jensen... really? We just made room for Sestito. Who has been consistently the worst player on the ice in every preseason game he's played. Yeah, really improved the team with this move......

Sestito will be 14th forward and played sparingly (~20games at 5-7 mins per) throughout the year. Is that what you want Jensen doing?

Sestito can also be waived later if we make further moves.

Ya I don't think hes that good of a fight either but where he really hurts the teams is that for every 2 minutes TOI he gets 1 PIM. Thats worse than John Scott who gets 1 PIM for every 3.5 minutes TOI.

Makes him look like a complete liability at first glance but I think you have look further into the stats.

If most of that 1PM per 2min of TOI is coincidental 5 minute majors, that doesn't really hurt the team at all. I'd like to see that stat reworked to only include penalty minutes that resulted in a powerplay for the other team. I doubt that information is readily available though, and don't really think it would be worthwhile to dig through and get it.

Archived