The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks re-sign Devante Smith-Pelly

Ducks Sign Smith-Pelly to two years, $1.6 million. $800,000 each season. One way:

The Ducks have signed right wing Devante Smith-Pelly to a two-year contract through the 2015-16 NHL season. Per club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Smith-Pelly, 22 (6/14/92), has scored 9-14=23 points with 18 penalty minutes (PIM) in 75 career NHL games with the Ducks. Smith-Pelly set career highs in assists (8) and plus/minus (+5) in his third NHL season in 2013-14, appearing in 19 games with Anaheim. The 6-0, 222-pound winger also made his Stanley Cup Playoff debut in 2014, leading the Ducks with five goals (5-0=5) and ranking third with 24 PIM.

Selected in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Smith-Pelly scored 27-16=43 points with 29 PIM in 55 games last season with Norfolk, Anaheim’s primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). He led Norfolk in goals and ranked second in scoring, while also collecting his first career AHL hat trick (3-0=3) on Feb. 18 @ Charlotte. A native of Scarborough, Ontario, Smith Pelly has recorded 41-35=76 points with 96 PIM in 124 career AHL games with Norfolk and Syracuse.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730610

Ducks just keeps getting scarier and scarier year by year with their outstanding development program for their prospects. Look how many prospects got churned out after couple of years of development from being drafted....

Gibsons, Andersson, Fasth, Pelly-Smith, Lindholm, Etem, maybe missing some few others but those come to my mind currently..

Ducks just keeps getting scarier and scarier year by year with their outstanding development program for their prospects. Look how many prospects got churned out after couple of years of development from being drafted....

Gibsons, Andersson, Fasth, Pelly-Smith, Lindholm, Etem, maybe missing some few others but those come to my mind currently..

Fasth is 32 lol

Smith-Pelly is gonna be a beauty but a nightmare to play against.

Fasth is 32 lol

And plays for Edmonton.

I think he'll top out as an excellent 3rd liner who can bump up for injury replacement. I have a hard time seeing him get an extended look in the top 6 for a couple of years. Good skills and work ethic but a little raw still.

Players like him who are hard to play against are worth their weight in gold.

He'll be a thorn in the Pacific for awhile. Might form a nice tandem with Etem in the future.

Good deal. Could be a future linemate of Perry and Getzlaf(or maybe this year?)

I think he'll top out as an excellent 3rd liner who can bump up for injury replacement. I have a hard time seeing him get an extended look in the top 6 for a couple of years. Good skills and work ethic but a little raw still.

Players like him who are hard to play against are worth their weight in gold.

He'll be a thorn in the Pacific for awhile. Might form a nice tandem with Etem in the future.

He could be playing in the top 6 when the season starts. IMO he's a good top 6 player.

EDIT: Will be a good top 6 player not right know.

Everyone is jumping around for this guy after a few good playoff games. Not sold and aparently either is the Anahiem GM witch is why the contract seems so good to many of u

800k. That is less than some players who haven't even played a NHL game. Plus he was solid in the regular season and was ready from a few years ago. Even if he didn't do good in the playoffs it would be a solid deal.

Archived