The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Prospects Won't be Playing in this Year's Pre-Season?

ThaManbeast

Cassels will be re-evaluated on Thursday if I recall correctly. He may still get to play.

I'm not expecting much though. A couple months gone with mono, little to no training or skating and his body still recovering do not bode well for him to excel at camp. He's likely to have a pretty rough start to his Jr. season too.

I know Virtanen is still out from his shoulder surgery, and McCann has mono. But which other prospects won't be attending this year's camp? Demko? Tryamkin? Forsling? Liberati won't but will Hutton or Pettit?

Pettit is still hurt, Cassels may be a go, none of our NCAA prospects will be there. Tryamkin and Forsling have already started their seasons. Everyone else should be there; Blomstrand isn't on the camp roster but without any news coming out about him I'm guessing that's just an accidental omission.

I'm not expecting much though. A couple months gone with mono, little to no training or skating and his body still recovering do not bode well for him to excel at camp. He's likely to have a pretty rough start to his Jr. season too.

Not really. Scott Laughton won't be on the team any longer. He'll be with the Flyers farm team which means Cassels will be promoted to bigger roles/playing time which he will get more chances to succeed in.

Not really. Scott Laughton won't be on the team any longer. He'll be with the Flyers farm team which means Cassels will be promoted to bigger roles/playing time which he will get more chances to succeed in.

I think what he meant is not opportunity but more like without summer training, Cassels won't be in a good enough shape to play well in OHL.

Cassels was already playing top line with Laughton and MDC last season so he won't play bigger roles but carry more responsibility.

I think what he meant is not opportunity but more like without summer training, Cassels won't be in a good enough shape to play well in OHL.

Oh, yea that he'll get off to slow start but pick up as he gets clicking.

Cassels was already playing top line with Laughton and MDC last season so he won't play bigger roles but carry more responsibility.

He'll get a lot more PP time and be deployed in the offensive zone more I'd assume. Last year he wasn't consistently playing with those two but this year, him and MDC will likely be a go-to pairing on offense. He'll develop a lot.

Pettit is still hurt, Cassels may be a go, none of our NCAA prospects will be there. Tryamkin and Forsling have already started their seasons. Everyone else should be there; Blomstrand isn't on the camp roster but without any news coming out about him I'm guessing that's just an accidental omission.

Yeah, I was wondering why Blomstrand wasn't in Penticton. Maybe he's staying in Sweden for the season.

Yup.

Oh, yea that he'll get off to slow start but pick up as he gets clicking.

We'll see. Mono's a @#$%...really depends on how much of a toll it's taken on his body and how quickly he can recover and get back lost muscle mass, cardio etc. Then there's his skating, game timing etc.

He's likely to have a rough start and that could also affect his confidence, ability to make the WJC etc, etc.

Hopefully he and his coaching, teammates etc are understanding and patient of the situation and the kid doesn't put too much pressure on himself out of the gate.

Same with McCann.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived