The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows on Torts

TheRussianRocket.

@BmacandTaylor:

Burrows: Didn't have a conversation with Torts until Christmas last season.

...reports just keep leaking out...what a mess. Makes you wonder how he even had success in the past with his other teams? Did he just give up on us or something? So Torts joins the Canucks on a team bonding retreat to BC but didn't say anything to anyone past the Sedins' and Kesler? :picard:

Makes me feel that much more optimistic about the upcoming season with Willie who personally flew out to all the veterans homes this Summer just to chat and start a relationship.

"Merry Christmas coach!"

"You too, Alvin."

Such a bad coach in so many different ways. Gassed 30+aged players with a lot of ice time. Didn't put Kassian in the top 6 even though he deserved an oppurtunity. Said Kass defence needed work yet played Edler 20+ minutes/game. Didn't let Lou start winter classic. Stormed the other teams dressing room. etc. Now this. Well i'm out of words :picard: .

I was a big believer in Torts at first but now with all the facts pointing to how inept he was at doing his job

1) No contact with Utica management or Coach Green about any of the farm players

2) telling MG how to do his job by trying to get him to trade the teams heart and soul in Burrows

3) his fiasco in the inability to keep his emotions in tact (evidence Calgary game)

4) not even speaking to key players until half the season was gone.

Glad Torts is gone...clearly he had no clue how to coach this team

Burrows scored 0 goals, 3 assists -7 from season start to Christmas while getting top-line icetime with elite playmakers.

What exactly is there to be said about that?

Pretty sure Burrows broke his foot blocking a shot at the beginning of the season and then in his first game back he broke his jaw and was out for quite awhile.

Love that you post his points total and plus minus yet ignore his GP at that point.

Burrows scored 0 goals, 3 assists -7 from season start to Christmas while getting top-line icetime with elite playmakers.

What exactly is there to be said about that?

^^^^ This times 10.

Edit: how many goals has he scored since 2011?

Went from scoring .42 goals a game to .26 the past 3 years.

That's "per" game - so it doesn't matter how many games he played.

Edit again: Think like baseball, he went from batting 420 to 260.

Pretty sure Burrows broke his foot blocking a shot at the beginning of the season and then in his first game back he broke his jaw and was out for quite awhile.

Love that you post his points total and plus minus yet ignore his GP at that point.

Really? Games-played?

It's zero goals, 3 assists, -7 in 17 games played, if we need to know.

I don't think Torts has anything to say or do but continue putting him out there until he figures it out again.

I love Burr, but he was pretty tough to understand before he broke his jaw. Afterwards must have been crazy.

Not really supporting one side or the other, because I wasn't on the "Torts is God" bandwagon when he signed on, and I didn't think he was the "Worst coach ever" since he got canned. I believe the truth lies somewhere in between.

Really? Games-played?

It's zero goals, 3 assists, -7 in 17 games played, if we need to know.

I don't think Torts has anything to say or do but continue putting him out there until he figures it out again.

Just recovered from 2 injuries = Torts hey lets throw him in the top 6 with protective wear around his face which does not let him see properly. -7 I wonder how the rest of the team played after Christmas?

If I was Burrows, I'd be very concerned about the reports of Vrbata playing with the twins. If that's the case, then good-bye rebound season. Then again, he's signed. So on second thought, I wouldn't be very concerned about that and I'd be buying expensive toys.

Just recovered from 2 injuries = Torts hey lets throw him in the top 6 with protective wear around his face which does not let him see properly. -7 I wonder how the rest of the team played after Christmas?

Crosby wore that as well. Didn't affect him all that much. But he's Crosby...

Archived