The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predict the Canucks bottom 6

Outsiders

I don't think Horvat makes the team. Replace Hansen with Horvat. Hansen has a no trade clause.

Yes the NTC on Hansen comes back to haunt Vancouver management on yet another player MG signed. How ever I'm sure present management has sifted through each contract along with Hansen's. I'm not sure what they are paying him but I"m sure if there's some one biting from below they're not going to let money stand in the way. Hansen is one of the players in which his position can be improved upon. They need more out of that position. Some more size with some more finish.

Trade clause or no trade clause Hansen can still be put on waivers. I'm sure management has thought long and hard about Hansen.

If Horvat proves he`s ready for the pace of the NHL:

Higgins Horvat Vey/Dorsett/Hansen

Matthias Richardson Hansen/Dorsett/Vey

I see Dorsett, Vey, and Hansen swapping in and out of the third and fourth line depending on matchups.

If Horvat isn't ready:

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Matthias Vey Dorsett

Horvat probably doesn't make the NHL out of camp. He's very good, but I doubt he outplays Richardson, Matthias, or Vey for a 3/4th line spot (and he probably won't centre a 4th line even if he outplays Richardson). The fact that Richardson is centering what looks to be the third line in practice suggests that coaching staff might be high on him—and why wouldn't they be? He did great last year.

Richardson and Matthias are both on contract years. Will Benning trade one of them away for scraps? Probably not. They'll have incentives to play well, and Benning will have little incentive to trade them unless Horvat is clearly better than them, which I don't think he is at this point.

I know Matthias wants more icetime, and it sucks to have him on the 4th line because he really is a determined and gritty player. The scant few things I've heard about him in training camp are very good and he clearly has been working hard over the summer. In my opinion, Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett is one of the best "4th" lines in the NHL. Desjardins will probably use them as a 3b line with plenty of minutes.

Higgins-Vey-Hansen will be a great line if Vey is all he's chalked up to be. How is he defensively? Offensively he might be able to feed some capable wingers in Higgins and Hansen.

I'm actually really excited about seeing those 3rd and 4th lines play against other teams' bottom 9. I think they can hold their own against any bottom 6 in the league.

After we get Johansen ;)

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Johansen - Kassian

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Haha, in all seriousness though I think this is the most likely line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Vey

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Sestito, Hansen

Without any trades and if Horvat and Vey are ready, that could be a really deep/solid forward group.

Bo wont make it hes not ready hopefuly for next year but who knows any more. Good chance shincky could make it

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Shincky Boner Kassian

Burrows Vey Jensen

Doorset Richy Matthias

Hansen and Higgy odd guys out and plus id like to see matthias third line but are depth is to deep now he deserves more time

I could see a Burrows-Richardson-Hansen line for shutdown duties or Burrows-Bonino-Hansen if Bonino is good enough to shutdown that way we can have Vey and Kassian getting easy offensive zone starts.

Something different.

Burrows / Richardson / Hansen looks like an extremely exciting 3rd line. A shut down line!

If Vey in particular (also brings offense and puck control) or Horvat (size and matchup capacity) can anchor that type of line > even better! But Richardson is a feisty competitive guy to beat out!

:towel:

Burrows and Hansen have both been 3rd in team scoring for the Canucks. But their calling card the pressure game. The calling card should be defence, but they will still score. Especially in transition.

I don't see Bonino or Mathias in the same way. Offensively capable, Mathias is big and fast, Bonino has skills.

But if its about defensive pressure, getting after it, Richardson, Vey and Horvat are all better options IMO.

Bo wont make it hes not ready hopefuly for next year but who knows any more. Good chance shincky could make it

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Shincky Boner Kassian

Burrows Vey Jensen

Doorset Richy Matthias

Hansen and Higgy odd guys out and plus id like to see matthias third line but are depth is to deep now he deserves more time

Horvat has a better chance than Shinkaruk since we are already deep on left wingers, but not at center.

Shinkaruk doesn't have the strength and stamina to play in the NHL yet.

After we get Johansen ;)

LOL the dream :towel:

Anyway, I think everyone knows this thread is really about Horvat :lol:

Personally, if I was a betting man, I wouldn't have him in our roster. That being said, we have yet to play any pre-season games so I wouldn't rule him out until he's played a few games to see where he's at!

I'm going with:

Higgins - Richardson - Hansen

Matthias - Vey - Dorsett

Why Richardson over Vey? Because Higgins-Richardson-Hansen is a heavy-minute-munching monster unit. They will play the hardest matchups night in and night out. Since we roll 4 lines, that allows us to throw out Matthias-Vey-Dorsett against weaker matchups, against whom Vey can show his offensive prowess - his wingers are certainly the type of players that can bring some offense.

I think that 4th line to produce a fair amount of points for us, and the 3rd line as well despite being the primary shutdown line we have. Every team needs a #1 shutdown line and I don't see anyone better than Richardson at the moment to center that line. (perhaps Horvat or Vey will prove that they can be better than Richardson).

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Shincky Boner Kassian

Burrows Vey Jensen

Doorset Richy Matthias

Why are some people saying Shinkaruk is ready? He didn't have crazy numbers. He needs a year or two in the AHL. Horvat is way more ready then Shinkaruk, and Burrows or Higgins is a better option. No chance Shinkaruk makes it (unless he has like 9 points In preseason) he can play mid-season if Burrows and/or Higgins is injured. Jensen is most ready, and Horvat is close to being ready. Vey is definitely ready.

Horvat has a better chance than Shinkaruk since we are already deep on left wingers, but not at center.

Shinkaruk doesn't have the strength and stamina to play in the NHL yet.

Shincky has mutch more determines and goal scoring abilitys and really really wants to win i get the feeling bo thinks he allready has it and isnt trying harder but shincky is

Shincky has mutch more determines and goal scoring abilitys and really really wants to win i get the feeling bo thinks he allready has it and isnt trying harder but shincky is

I mean absolutely no offense here my man, but do you not have autocorrect on? If you're on a computer, I would recommend you slow down. You have made some valid points in a lot of your posts but sometimes it's painful to read them.

Archived