The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First Canucks game experience

on the cycle

What was your first Canucks game? How was your overall experience? My first Canucks game was on February 13, 2012 against the Phoenix Coyotes the Canucks won that game 2-1 in the 4th round of the shootout. I started the game behind Luongo, and watched Booth fall down and score prone. Kesler scored the game winning goal in the shoot out. I think what felt most different from watching at home is not hearing the commentators, the game seemed slower in person, and the sounds are louder. I think my first game was fun; not much scoring. The only thing that I didn't like was being in the bud zone where people have too much to drink, disturb others, and get kicked out ( thank you drunk woman calling juice a pussy and getting kicked out. Very necessary.)

So what is your first Canucks game experience?

Believe it was 1977, vs the Atlanta Flames. If memory serves, they were selling rookie Tom Lysiak as the opponent's young, rising star worth seeing. Dad got scalper's tix for a song.

Curt Ridley took a hashmarks-slapshot in the windpipe..I think the guy damn near died on the ice. Still remember a hushed, concerned silence.

Cesare Maniago came in to mop up,(dude would wander from his crease, like an inebriated sailor on extended leave), & I believe it stayed deadlocked at 2. In those days, if squads were tied after 60 mins, the Captains faced off at centre ice for a contest of rock, scissors, paper. We took it, fortunately.

It was last season lol.

We had no coach and no captain and Lack was in net.

It was the first game for the Canucks back in Winnipeg.

Lack played very well even though he gave up four goals in the 4-3 loss. The defense (including the forwards) was terrible in front of him.

Ex- Canucks Garrison and Kesler had goals. I think Edler got the other.

Was a terrific game considering we were down 2-0 early.

Sadly enough, despite being a fan for roughly 13ish years, I've never been to a game. Been to two SuperSkills events, but never an actual game.

However...I'm going to my first game ever this January against the Flames! I'm certainly very excited for it :D

My first memory of the boys is from the mid-seventies. I went with a school friend and saw Pat Quinn nail guys against the boards in the old Pacific Coliseum. My friend later worked for Labatts and I was fortunate to enjoy the game from the media section. The free beer was a bonus.

My first was the infamous cloutier from the blue line vs detroit playoff game. I was very sad they lost.. but found it a privlige to be able to go.

My fav game I have gone to was either the season opener vs the flames after luc bourdons passing (so emotional, had just quit my crappy job and had ran down to the stadium and forked out 400 bucks from a scalper) ( and cried when Tom Cochrane sang Big League as a tribute to Luc)

Or Game 1 stanley Cup Final. RAFFI NUFF SAID

Archived