The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Growing hockey in China. Good for the game.

on the cycle

22 hours ago, smokes said:

I live in China and have been here for a while now, trust me, if the kid wants to play hockey, most parents now would have no problem getting the equipment needed. China is not as third world as that Canadians think they are. 

I know China ain't poor like the old days... but the average Chinese family is considerably poorer than the average Japanese family. 

The only way I can think of China being success in developing hockey would be if they mandated some sports program where they identify kids at a young age and train them non-stop.... ala their Olympic teams. 

11 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I know China ain't poor like the old days... but the average Chinese family is considerably poorer than the average Japanese family. 

The only way I can think of China being success in developing hockey would be if they mandated some sports program where they identify kids at a young age and train them non-stop.... ala their Olympic teams. 

When you take the average? Sure, the average Japanese family is poorer than the average Chinese family, but at the same time you must consider the difference in population between the two countries. China's main issue is team sports, they don't seem to like those too much as they usually excel in individual sports.

Archived