The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate the players concept

pmalina

Did you actually just whine like a 9 year old boy about this? C'mon dude.

Wow, do you even have any friends??

There's a difference between whining and spamming. If we had every random post an external link after every game then there would be no point of even coming to these forums. I appreciate you backing up the new comer and I thank you both for your coordinator criticism.

Another example where posters should not be able to create threads, how hard is it to add a post count to thread creation?

I wanted to discuss this in my previous thread (see the link in my first paragraph). I was not sure if it is better to make a new thread or add such a poll somewhere else (e.g. GDT). In case of the second option, I am quite sure that no. of votes would be significantly lower than in the new thread option. I would may see a solution to add the poll in GDT original post but that needs users cooperation I guess.

If this idea is not superior than the "new thread" issue, I am okay to turn it down. That is why I am open for discussion!

I wanted to discuss this in my previous thread (see the link in my first paragraph). I was not sure if it is better to make a new thread or add such a poll somewhere else (e.g. GDT). In case of the second option, I am quite sure that no. of votes would be significantly lower than in the new thread option. I would may see a solution to add the poll in GDT original post but that needs users cooperation I guess.

If this idea is not superior than the "new thread" issue, I am okay to turn it down. That is why I am open for discussion!

I have nothing wrong with the idea what so ever, don't get me wrong. I think it would be better suited to being posted in GDT where all of this discussion should be, instead of a separate thread.

I have nothing wrong with the idea what so ever, don't get me wrong. I think it would be better suited to being posted in GDT where all of this discussion should be, instead of a separate thread.

My wonder would just be that if I put a post with a poll on GDT on page let´s say 18, how many of us will notice?

My wonder would just be that if I put a post with a poll on GDT on page let´s say 18, how many users will notice?

I agree completely. I like having a separate voting thread. Nice idea. I don't necessarily want to search for the poll in the PGT.

And I assume we can comment on the players. Obviously Lack was the star for the Canucks. JB and WD want a clear #1 and #2 but the fans will love Eddie Lack and if Miller struggles early look for a lot of push-back from the fans, especially as Miller is a bit prickly (although not nearly as bad as Kesler).

And we have all been assuming that Shinkaruk will start the season in Utica but he is going make it tough to send him down.

My wonder would just be that if I put a post with a poll on GDT on page let´s say 18, how many of us will notice?

Just PM the OP. Generally the same 5 guys that do it, many people will not want separate threads.

edit: you are probably also forgetting that during the regular season once the game is over, a PGT is also created separately, which is where a lot of people will look/see it. Even just getting in on the first page would work if the OP doesn't update it.

Just PM the OP. Generally the same 5 guys that do it, many people will not want separate threads.

edit: you are probably also forgetting that during the regular season once the game is over, a PGT is also created separately, which is where a lot of people will look/see it. Even just getting in on the first page would work if the OP doesn't update it.

I don't get why you are trying to police the forums when you aren't even a moderator. If this thread is duplicate or deemed unnecessary, the mods will clean it up. This guy is doing all these extra work literally for free man, show some appreciation.

This is just a sample run of a grading system they are trying to implement into the future regular season games. I am pretty sure the mods or someone will figure a way to implement it into the PGT or GDT.

Anyway, great work pmalina, hope you will be able to keep this up and make it into a staple for all future games!

Hm, well, that makes sense to pin it into PGT (I know about PGT, originally the option I meant was to post it there, just got confused by those abbreviations), But right know I have a little trouble to imagine how that cooperation of myself (as you called me a "new comer") and group of OPs would work. I see this pretty sensitive to time constraint (better post a poll right after the games).

And I looked into todays PGT, this is the same as GDT only extended by new posts so get my post on first page would not be a success which still questions that option (see "page 18 argument").

Archived