The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) - Jacob Markstrom

Outsiders

This should serve as notice that we should no longer deal with Florida.EVER.

Mattias who is a redundant and lacking grit in the bottom six & an overhyped Markstrom and a small cap hit for the next few years for Luongo..... clearly the team needed some youth Dmen (why not trade for one of their defensemen; even a high pick?)

WHAT WAS GILLIS THINKING?!??!

Shows Markstrom had no value, even in a trade. Terrible deal.

This should serve as notice that we should no longer deal with Florida.EVER.

Mattias who is a redundant and lacking grit in the bottom six & an overhyped Markstrom and a small cap hit for the next few years for Luongo..... clearly the team needed some youth Dmen (why not trade for one of their defensemen; even a high pick?)

WHAT WAS GILLIS THINKING?!??!

Shows Markstrom had no value, even in a trade. Terrible deal.

I think the signing of Ryan Miller sealed Markstrom's fate and a little bit by drafting Demko. Probably wasn't in Gillis' plan either.

Not trying to defend Gillis or anything, but Luongo had little value too.

Damn, I doubt he clears. I could see a team like the Jets claiming him.

While this is possible, I see the Sabres and the Flames nabbing him as well, both have priority on the waiver wire over the Jets. However, I don't see him slipping past the Jets.

He wasn't going to compete with Lack this year. I think Marks clears waivers and competes with the Comet goalies or heads over to Sweden. Fla made a mess of his development, but I think there is still time for him to recover. I am doubtful that we ever see him on the Canucks, but it would be great if he could improve his game enough to get something back in a trade.

Archived