SOTW #174

THEME
- Grunge

Examples:

8zjktx.jpg

jkwpb4.jpg

2uyma1s.jpg

RULES
- Sig must be within board limits (600x200).
- Sig must be under two weeks old.
- No animations/video sigs.
- No collaborations.

DEADLINES
- Sigs must be in on FRIDAY (October 3rd). (this gives us time to get polls up)
- Voting goes on through the weekend, whoever the winner is on MONDAY morning will be declared that week's winner.

-------

Last 10 Winners:

SOTW #164 Winner: Parise11

SOTW #165 Winner: MrNHLFanatic

SOTW #166 Winner: Parise11

SOTW #167 Winner: eQuilibrium

SOTW #168 Winner: Parise11

SOTW #169 Winner: Parise11

SOTW #170 Winner: Parise11

SOTW #171 Winner: Parise11

SOTW #172 Winner: -Vintage Canuck-

SOTW #173 Winner: Parise11

Stereotyping is using your experiences to categorize something. This is the same thing we do with all out experiences to create patterns. It may be insensitive, but not necessarily racist. If you believe that your race is superior to all races than you are racist.

In the end, stereotypes hold some truth, that is how they came to be. They are usually just exaggerated for comedic purposes

So sterotyping is categorizing and probably insensitive at worst while Racism is down right offensive.

Lemme give my example.

Stereotype: Yo you wanna buy fried chicken? This can be seen as insensitive by some and as a joke by others.

Racism: something something something something cuz you're of color. That's directed towards them and is offensive.

Idk the quote explains better. Just trying to save my behind in case someone happens to deem it as racist rather than stereotypical.

So sterotyping is categorizing and probably insensitive at worst while Racism is down right offensive.

Lemme give my example.

Stereotype: Yo you wanna buy fried chicken? This can be seen as insensitive by some and as a joke by others.

Racism: something something something something cuz you're of color. That's directed towards them and is offensive.

Idk the quote explains better. Just trying to save my behind in case someone happens to deem it as racist rather than stereotypical.

I know the difference. I don't need an example.

But still, going up to an African american, and asking him if he wants some fried chicken, that's still kind of racist.

I just don't really see the point in your sig, but maybe that's just me.

I just don't really see the point in your sig, but maybe that's just me.

Comedic. I don't stand a chance against any of you guys.

I know the difference. I don't need an example.

That's just for the mods in case they deem that as racist.

Archived