The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[EA Simulation] Canucks will make the playoff, LA to repeat

timberz21

http://www.tsn.ca/ea-simulation-predicts-kings-to-repeat-as-cup-winners-1.96098

TORONTO - The Los Angeles Kings will hoist the Stanley Cup for the second year in a row and third time in four years, according to a simulation of the 2014-15 season by EA Sports.

Generated by the made-in-Vancouver "NHL 15" video game, the EA Sports simulation has the Kings winning the Cup in six games over the Boston Bruins.

Boston tops the East with 103 points during the regular season while Chicago finishes first in the West with 106 points. The Kings place fifth in the West with 95 points.

The Montreal Canadiens (sixth place with 94 points) and Toronto Maple Leafs (eighth place with 92 points, wild card) both make the playoffs in the East. The Vancouver Canucks (eighth place with 91 points, wild card) are the lone Canadian team to advance in the West.

The Ottawa Senators are 16th in the East with 71 points.

The Capitals can't overcome an Alex Ovechkin injury and finish 12th in the East while the 11th-place Red Wings see their record of 23 years straight making the playoffs finally snapped.

Edmonton, Winnipeg and Calgary prop up the bottom of the Western Conference with the Oilers 12th (83 points), the Jets 13th (82 points) and the Flames 14th (64 points).

Los Angeles defeats San Jose in six games and the Dallas Stars in seven before edging the Chicago Blackhawks in seven games in the Western Conference final.

The Bruins beat the Columbus Blue Jackets in five games in the Eastern Conference final after disposing of the Leafs in seven games in the opening round and then the Flyers in four.

Montreal is ousted by Tampa Bay in six games in the first round of the playoffs. The Canucks exit after five games in the first round at the hands of the Hawks.

The simulation also predicts:

— Anze Kopitar of the Kings wins the Conn Smythe and Selke trophies.

— Penguins star Sidney Crosby adds to his hardware collection by winning the Hart Memorial Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, Maurice (Rocket) Richard Trophy, and Ted Lindsay Award.

— Arizona's Oliver Ekman-Larsson collects the James Norris Memorial Trophy.

— Montreal's Carey Price wins the Vezina Trophy.

— Chicago's Patrick Kane earns the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy.

— Tampa's Jonathan Drouin picks up the Calder Memorial Trophy.

Doesn't mean anything, but usually there aren't that far off. And the examples given up here are pretty close to what we can expect.

Chicago and Boston, tops each conference

LA finishing in the middle of the pack

Canucks and Leafs fighting for last playoff spot.

Only the Lady Byng winner is kind of funny with Patrick Kane taking it.

I could see Ekman-Larsson being in the Norris race, but actually winning it, is a streched.

I mean, I'm all for making the playoffs, but if we're going to scrape into the playoffs at eighth and proceed to get bounced in 5 games... I'd rather give our young players more ice time, do worse overall, draft higher and push for the playoffs next year.

I don't want the Canucks to tank, but if our goal is simply to make the playoffs at the expense of not giving our young players NHL experience, then I don't see how that is worth it at all.

I mean, I'm all for making the playoffs, but if we're going to scrape into the playoffs at eighth and proceed to get bounced in 5 games... I'd rather give our young players more ice time, do worse overall, draft higher and push for the playoffs next year.

I don't want the Canucks to tank, but if our goal is simply to make the playoffs at the expense of not giving our young players NHL experience, then I don't see how that is worth it at all.

This is a dumb statement. Worth what, watching, being a fan, playing hockey as a pro, owning a team. So if the team isn't guaranteed the cup this year our line-up should include Jensen, Shink, Horvat, and Corrado?

I like beer.

How much DLC will I have to buy now?

Oh shut up. They are quite clearly the deepest team in the league. Just look at their team.

Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Gaborik, Richards, Toffoli, Pearson for offense, as well as one of the best defensemen, and one of the best goalies in the league.

Oh shut up. They are quite clearly the deepest team in the league. Just look at their team.

Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Gaborik, Richards, Toffoli, Pearson for offense, as well as one of the best defensemen, and one of the best goalies in the league.

Do you know what DLC means?

It's a joke about EA, nothing to do with the Kings.

I don't see it. I see LA as being out in the first 2 rounds this year, a smaller quicker team will hoist it I think.

Besides...CDC already has it's hands full with Ebola and all

Agreed. I think most teams (especially Anaheim and San Jose) have figured out LA's play style. I'm feeling either St. Louis - Tampa or Anaheim - Montreal for the SCF.

This is a dumb statement. Worth what, watching, being a fan, playing hockey as a pro, owning a team. So if the team isn't guaranteed the cup this year our line-up should include Jensen, Shink, Horvat, and Corrado?

I like beer.

Your sarcasm is always very much appreciated and enjoyed for a laugh. Cheers for beers!

Um... Derp?

Google is your friend weirdo.

Archived