The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Really..Is This is How It's Gonna Be?

nux4lyfe

So, The game ended..the way I would have liked. :D But right after the game when they went to the desk I was expecting Donny T and Gary Valk! , But, Nooooo!

I don't know all the details but I hope that those 2 are back for the Nuck games at least..I know about Donny T's situation but not GV's..Is he back with SN?

I Hope I don't have to watch these 2 after every game.

Garry is at the intermissions with Iain MacIntyre and Dan Murphy. Don Taylor is out.

The 2 guys at the SN Studio do the highlights and are pretty terrible, I think it's from Toronto like how TSN works.

Sportsnets' broadcasters are al so young and honestly don't seem very credible. hard to take Sportsnet seriously....only reason why im there is to listen to hockey and after that switch right to tsn.

So true, They have no credibility, It's like they are looking for some type of 'youth' movement.....not working.

Listen to the post game on the radio. It's pretty good.

:lol: ..oh man, you'll go crazy listening to those callers!

what?

What

4732f04048263&filename=%EC%8A%A4%ED%86%A

Damien Cox doesn't even have any sources or anything. He just says what he thinks and now he's some sort of analyst. He never played hockey, he doesn't have any sources, he's a Tennis guy not a Hockey guy.

Rogers sucks and I don't know how I am going twelve years with them.

A little unrelated but I'm still pretty bummed out that Rick Ball left 1040 to call games for the Flames... I'd say I like Dave Tomlinson more than I don't, but he's a little too "homer" for me. That being said, I thought he and Rick were a fine radio duo. I haven't heard much of the new play-by-play guy to form an opinion, but I will admit that I was disappointed (and also not surprised) that he had previously been the voice of the Toronto Marlies. Bell, Rogers... we get fed a taste of Toronto either way. I know they'd never do this in their business but I wish they'd fulfill the dreams of a local personality by letting them call Canucks games. Oh well.

Now we've been left with the Johns: Kermit Shorthouse and Super-Homer Garrett. Don't you dare take them from us!

Archived