The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor Mcdavid Talk

KingAlex

How good will McDavid end up to be?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the season looms near we are left to wonder who is going to be the worst team in the league? As a wise man once said. "With great weakness, comes great Connor McJesus."

2lxwetk.jpg

McDavid is only the 4th player to be granted exceptional status and with this type of style, you can see why.

BzJdXWKCcAAsnpD.jpg

Don Cherry has competition!

Mcdavid is praised for his excellent speed, vision and 2 way game. These attributes highly resemble a fellow hyped up player named Sidney Crosby. Despite being compared to Crosby, Mcdavid sees himself trying to become more of a Datsyuk or a Toews. Mcdavid has been penciled in as the clear number 1 pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft for years, albeit over the past year a strong competitor in Eichel has challenged him with a strong push for that spot. Here are the rankings of where he is projected to go.

Pre-Season Projection: #1

Mid-Season Projection: ?

Final Projection: ?

Mcdavid is possibly the best player to come out of a draft since Tavares or even Crosby. And with that comes a stats tracker that will be updated as much as possible.

jhg4kp.png
Last updated: Oct 11 2014

Of course, with a thread about Mcdav...Er i mean McJesus comes discussion about Mcdavid. Feel free to talk about this amazing prospect or to talk about this amazing bust, if you feel that way.

Mcdavid's last known Whereabouts: A pair of assists.

Is he the next Crosby? Is he the next Diagle? Share your thoughts on Mcdavid in this thread.

I don't think he is in the same category as Crosby as Sidney was putting up 130+ points when he was in Junior then when he entered the NHL he was still putting up over 100 points a season. If Crosby stayed healthy throughout all his 9 seasons in Pittsburgh he would have 100+ points in every year

'cept McDavid could very well get 130+ points this year.

you guys DO know that all 14 non-playoff teams have a shot at getting McDavid with the new draft rules... right?

Conspiracy theorists would say that McDavid will go to whichever non-playoff team the NHL wants him to go to, regardless of their finish.

Carolina's my 2nd favourite team so while I don't want to see them be the losers of the league, I'm definitely excited about the fact that McDavid may fall into their laps.

With Staal and now Skinner out for a while it wouldn't be a far stretch for them to end up near the bottom. I personal would like Arizona to with the draft lottory this year.

you guys DO know that all 14 non-playoff teams have a shot at getting McDavid with the new draft rules... right?

Conspiracy theorists would say that McDavid will go to whichever non-playoff team the NHL wants him to go to, regardless of their finish.

Wouldn't be the first time shenanigans went on under Bettman's nose

I really hope he ends up on Nashville

That would be a good team for him.

Their offense sucks so he can have quality ice time. They've got high quality defense. And a world class goalie. Their fanbase isn't half bad, but they need more fans. If he goes to Nashville I wouldn't be surprised if he flourishes and wins a cup within a matter of years.

Absolutely ripping it up with Dylan Strome. 4 point night (2g, 2a, +4) in a 8-3 beat down on Kitchener. Strome, another 2015 draft eligible player (and younger brother of Ryan Strome), had 3 assists and was also +4.

Connor McDavid

5GP 7G 9A 16PTS 8PIM +11

Dylan Strome

5GP 1G 15A 16PTS 0PIM +11

Archived