The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How bad is David Clarkson?

Clarkson and Stephen Weiss of Detroit are probably the 2 worst signings in the recent 2 years.

Well, at the very least Clarkson was coming off of a remotely good season. Weiss was injured for most of the year and only put up 4 points (1G, 3A) and still got signed to a 5-year $24.5mil deal.

Well, at the very least Clarkson was coming off of a remotely good season. Weiss was injured for most of the year and only put up 4 points (1G, 3A) and still got signed to a 5-year $24.5mil deal.

Clarkson's season wasn't remotely good, he got 5 goals, and he's getting paid Kesler money

the guy is a beauty how can anyone say he shouldnt be in the nhl? just shows how much you really know about hockey... the leafs thought he was a player that he wasnt that isnt his fault , if they put him back in a roll his type can play he is definitely a good NHLer... what was he supposed to do turn down the contract? just because a team chose to over pay him and his out put isnt in line with what he gets paid doesnt make him a bad player... it makes the leafs a bad judge of talent... the guy is a beauty 2nd/3rd liner on any team in the league.

I watch this guy play, then I look on capgeek and my mind just boggles. Is this the worst signing ever? I wonder what the new laffs stat fanboy thinks. This guy almost shouldn't be in the NHL.

I disagree. If he had a normal cap hit, he'd be a great 3rd liner but at 5.25M it's a joke.

It's the modern version of Wade Redden.

the guy is a beauty how can anyone say he shouldnt be in the nhl? just shows how much you really know about hockey... the leafs thought he was a player that he wasnt that isnt his fault , if they put him back in a roll his type can play he is definitely a good NHLer... what was he supposed to do turn down the contract? just because a team chose to over pay him and his out put isnt in line with what he gets paid doesnt make him a bad player... it makes the leafs a bad judge of talent... the guy is a beauty 2nd/3rd liner on any team in the league.

Sarcasm right?

what role should his type be playing? the Leafs may be at fault for overpaying him, but have they really put him in the wrong role as well? idts

on what teams is he a beauty 2nd liner?

Archived