The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Eichel talk

BanTSN

Very much a candidate for #1 overall in the 2015 draft, Jack Eichel is already ripping it up in Boston University.

1gp 2g 2a 4pts +5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zftvfjrfg

VERY impressive. If you ask me he's a bit better-looking than McJesus.

Now that's crazy talk and pretty stupid imo....you'll look back at this and see how terribly wrong you were.

Give me a break. Eichel is a top notch prospect who's going to rival McJesus all the way up to the draft. Like what was anticipated.

By the way, you're spelling things a bit too correctly again now. Stop it.

Give me a break. Eichel is a top notch prospect who's going to rival McJesus all the way up to the draft. Like what was anticipated.

Similar to Hall/Seguin?

No definitive #1, both going to be top notch players.

At the World Juniors, Eichel will get shutdown against the Canadians. McDavid will not get shutdown by the Americans but instead light them up, this will be a big game even if it's just 1. If Eichel disappears and McDavid explodes in the New Year Eve game I think the scouts will think even higher of McDavid.

McDavid will leave Eichel in the dust this season, McDavid is different than other stars. McDavid doesn't play soft either. McDavid is 6'1, Eichel is around 6'2 so it isn't like Eichel is some bigger PWF because he's more like a Jeff Carter type of player but while McDavid is a type of Giroux with more size, more grit and can take it to the net hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

...this early on already McDavid is alone at #1 and it's not even close.

Bump.

...this early on already McDavid is alone at #1 and it's not even close.

Also for the fact that McDavid has already shown his skill consistently over 10 games....while Eichel has played a grand total of ONE game so far this season...

• 2 weeks later...

I see this as being similar to the 2005 draft.

There's Crosby going first, and then there's Bobby Ryan going second.

Both are great but McDavid is the way to go.

Thinking more Hall/Seguin here. Eichel is closer to McD than Ryan is to Sid, certainly.

Every year, they try to make it seem close to make things interesting, but it really isn't close. Mcdavid is truly something else. Eichel will be a phenomenal player as well, but Mcdavid is in another echelon

Its not like Eichel has come out of nowhere to be a name to challenge. McDavid got on radars early due to Canada's obsession with finding "the next one" but Eichel has been highly touted since the year he joined the NTDP, if not earlier when he was playing junior hockey at 15 and dominating. I see Mcdavid going number 1 but the gap is very small, if its there at all.

Its not like Eichel has come out of nowhere to be a name to challenge. McDavid got on radars early due to Canada's obsession with finding "the next one" but Eichel has been highly touted since the year he joined the NTDP, if not earlier when he was playing junior hockey at 15 and dominating. I see Mcdavid going number 1 but the gap is very small, if its there at all.

The gap is definitely there. Don't get me wrong, Eichel is going to be a very, very good player, but McDavid is something else.

Archived