The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Prospects Stat Track V2.0

I saw Austin Lotz got a shutout over the weekend. I'm kind of interested to see what he does this year given his solid young stars tourney with the team. Might not be a bad option to pad goalie depth next season with Cannata and Eriksson's futures with the club a bit cloudy at this point.

Random stats:

McCann has got 15pts (7g,8a) in 11GP as a +1 player.

Virtanen has got 6pts (2g,4a) in 5GP as a -1 player.

Jensen has got 5pts (3g,2a) in 10GP as a neutral player.

Shinkaruk has got 4pts (1g,3a) in 10GP as a +2 player.

Grenier has got 5pts (3g,2a) in 7GP as a +5 player.

Nothing too exciting since the last update, but the OP has been updated with stats through November 4th.

Thx River.

When the Nov 4 stats went in, the top of the OP didn't get changed and as of 1 minute ago still said "Last Updated: Sunday October 26, 2014."

And to think, not that long ago we had guys like Cannata, Iilahti, and Honzik for depth goalies.

Now we have Markstrom, Eriksson, Demko, and Cannata.

I just hope we recognize which one of these guys is the real deal, and don't deal them away like Toronto did with Rask, or Ottawa did with Bishop.

Markstrom and Eriksson are just about to enter their prime. Hopefully management makes a decision on which one of these guys they wanna stick with for next season. Cause it's gotta be one or the other.

or Vancouver did with Schneider... :)

It's gotta be Markstrom. He has the pedigree, he has the size, and he's showing that he has the skills (In the AHL anyways...)

Run with Lack/Miller this season and if a trade presents itself, move Lack and bring up JM. If nothing comes about, they should actively shop Lack in the offseason.

2015-2016 - Markstrom/Miller combo with a 55-25 split

2016-2017 - Either ship out Miller if Markstrom is ready or have them duke it out for the starters roll.

2017-2018 - Markstrom will be 27 and ready to take on the world.

Ben Bishop was a massive (size) goalie prospect with some serious pedigree within the Blues organization. They ran out of patience (a la Florida with JM) He was dealt for peanuts to the Sens, who were handed the golden goose, but chose their internal prospect (Lehner) and now have to witness Bishop rack up Vezina-like numbers for years to come. Lehner may yet become a great goaltender in this league, but you've got to think they have some regret moving Bishop for what accounts to be nothing (Conacher + 4th)

I trust that Vancouver management has assessed their own situation and witnessed the results of those who have come before them and will make the right decision.

I think philly is kicking the tires on lack or markstrom...

I think philly is kicking the tires on lack or markstrom...

I love The Stork, but i'm really hoping he's the one Vancouver moves out. The Miller contract+the age of Markstrom makes the most sense for the future.

..Plus I just grabbed JM in my keeper league. Come on Ben Bishop 2.0!

OP Updated:

Subban continues point streak.

Cassels' team hasn't played much recently.

Petit has been scoring, may get more of an opportunity with McDavid out.

Markstorm hasn't played much, but continues to be dominant.

McNally off to a nice start.

Virtanen had a goal for WHL in the Superseries.

Valk got called up to Utica.

Jensen called up to Vancouver.

Blomstrand may be injured.

Archived