The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Prospects Stat Track V2.0

Thx op :). This will be a lot of fun to watch with our prospect pool finally starting to look solid again :). Look at the kids in junior ... All of our high end prospects are doing well, Markstrom gets a win with solid numbers. Shink gets his first professional point. Exciting stuff! GCG

i know hockeyDB doesn't have it, but hutton is -2 (he was -1 in each of the games) and also has 5 SOG after maine's 2 losses in alaska this past weekend (3-1 and then 5-2). that's a hell of a road trip for them (It is 3,297 miles from Orono to Anchorage) and I can't help but feel they would have fared better had it been alaska coming to them instead of the other way around. no place to go but up from here on out for maine and hutton, though i have a feeling their 8 new players (a third of the team) are not exactly helping, as are their 3 new goalies (one of them technically is returning, but from 2 years ago, he missed all of last season, and only played in three games the season before; He was 2-1 in 2012-13 with a 2.83 goals against average and a .881 save percentage). and only 4 of their players are drafted, including hutton. it looks like hutton will have to be the entire team yet again this season.

cassels mccann subban and grenier off to a good start this year so far.

Would people prefer that the images be removed from spoiler tags?

Unless someone gives me a reason not to use hockeyDB, that is what I'll use.

the only reason not to use hockey db is because they don't offer a full set of stats for some leagues (like ncaa +/- and shots) and they are not always up to date on all their leagues, especially euro leagues. but it's up to you whether you want to bother searching out different sources or not.

I use both HockeyDB and EliteProspects, and have noticed that HDB updates more frequently but EP has more detailed statistics. I use EP when looking up players in European leagues and HDB for players playing in North America.

Another thing I love about EP (though not of any relevance anymore) is that it has statistics for players that goes way back to their bantam/minor midget days. It's real neat to see the kind of numbers our prospects got in those days and also where they got drafted in their respective Major Junior drafts. Obviously, talented kids in junior are uber-talented in bantam/minor midget, but I still find it interesting. :- )

eg.

Brendan Gaunce - Markham Waxers Minor Midget AAA (Captain)

86GP 55G 93A 148PTS 54PIM

Drafted #2 overall in the OHL draft (2010)

Hunter Shinkaruk - Calgary Royals Gold Bantam AAA (Alternate)

27GP 32G 31A 63PTS 10PIM

Drafted #14 overall in the WHL draft (2009)

Bo Horvat - Elgin Middlesex Chi. Mn Mdgt AAA (Alternate)

74GP 49G 76A 125PTS 24PIM

Drafted #9 overall in the OHL draft (2011)

Jared McCann - London Jr. Knights Gold Min Mdgt (Alternate)

67GP 61G 70A 131PTS 32PIM

Drafted #4 overall in the OHL draft (2012)

Jake Virtanen - Abbotsford Hawks Bantam A1

59GP 68G 49A 117PTS N/APIM

Drafted #1 overall in the WHL draft (2011)

cassels mccann subban and grenier off to a good start this year so far.

the only reason not to use hockey db is because they don't offer a full set of stats for some leagues (like ncaa +/- and shots) and they are not always up to date on all their leagues, especially euro leagues. but it's up to you whether you want to bother searching out different sources or not.

Thanks for the info. I'll just go with Hockey db for now, but I will also compare to Elite Prospects' stats to see if any important differences are found.

Thanks for the info. I'll just go with Hockey db for now, but I will also compare to Elite Prospects' stats to see if any important differences are found.

there are pros and cons with whatever source you use. back when i did this i used http://www.collegehockeystats.net/ for the NCAA players, EP for the euro leagues, and the respective CHL league sites for the CHL players. but that was a lot of work. and a lot of open windows.

The OP has been updated with stats through October 16th.

It was kind of a bad week to start this thread, since from the time it was started, Utica, Kalamazoo, and NCAA teams all have not played.

Liberati picked up his first goal of the season, Cassels and McCann continue to produce, and Subban had a 2G, 1A night on Thursday.

I've started using University of Maine website boxscores for Hutton's stats.

Will update the thread again on Monday with stats through Sunday.

OP has been updated with stats through Sunday October 19.

An arbitrarily determined (by me) flame has been put next to players on a hot streak.

Canucks logo added to a player's name whenever they are recalled (I know, I know, there is still an 'X' next to Bo's name).

An OTL column added for goalies.

Kyle Petit making a case to get moved off of the 'on the fringe' list.

I'm not moving Bo over to the "in the minors" section since he is going to be there for a very short period and everyone will be intently following his play down there to the point that tracking his status here is pointless.

Archived