The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Three coaches now have given Kassian short looks at top-six minutes, what gives?

TheRussianRocket.

That article is a writhing snakepit of cliche, hyperbole and strange circular logic.

banished to the nether regions of the lineup.
everyone but the laundry guy

But other than those problems, mistakes or whatever one wishes to call them, all he’s done is try to learn the game and get better. And really, what does the pre-season prove? The games mean nothing and most of the players play that way.

What is it about this guy that coaches seem to find so objectionable? And are coaches always right?

by the grace of God the guy scored in the first period

do they still print this or is he only allowed to rant on the internet now?

Multiple Warning Signs Surround Tony Gallagher

Remember, the job of media, whether print, radio, or tv, is to sell space to advertisers. The more the public reads the paper or watches the news, the more money the company can charge advertisers. We are just a means to an end. And this is why these hacks will print any old crap and don't bother to fact check.

I don't know where CDC got this idea that PWF generally take longer to develop? Look at the 10 best PWFs in the game today. Most, if not all of them, started to make an impact with their club at a young age.

The only PWF most folks on CDC know is Bertuzzi, thus every PWF must fill that mold. In actuality, he's just an exception.

You don't develop anything playing at a lower level. From day 1 I really just wanted a coach to just simply freakin put him on a top line and just let him play. Give him 10 games without any demotion and see how he does. Until this simply happens, we will not know what his potential is and if he could be a top 6 player.

Still hasn't gotten the chance

Kassian hasn't done anything when given a chance in a top 6 role. He simply isn't that good and needs to earn his minutes.

I believe he should be given a legit chance and will get that chance this season.

That's not right. Kassian didn't get a shot when he played well, and did great in few games with the Sedins,

The looks have been short because he hasn't done squat when given the opportunities. Not screwing up doesn't count as a plus either. He needs to find a way to work hard every shift with or without the puck, watching the Kings today was such a treat because the young guns like Toffoli and Pearson had clearly bought into a defense first mentality which lead to increased offense and possession.

I think Torts said it once but the best thing Kassian can do is to observe a guy like Higgins. He doesn't have close to second line talent but he's there because he works his ass off to create his own opportunities and it's paid off.

That's not right. Kassian didn't get a shot when he played well, and did great in few games with the Sedins,

Sort of what I was getting to in my post (didn't impress enough for shotgun with twins in short stint but we didn't get to see him on the 1st line for long) Like I said, he should get his chance this season.

0 minutes and 0 seconds of powerplay time last game was a fucking joke, no idea what Desjardins is doing here. If you're gonna put the guy in the bottom 6 that's one thing, but if you're not even gonna give him second unit powerplay time, then I have to question your thinking process.

If he puts together 2-3 more good games in a row on the 3rd and 4th lines, we have to try him on the 2nd line with Bonino for 10-15 games. These are the growing pains with young players, but its something you have to do to allow them to grow to a better player going forward. This could jeopardize our playoff situation though, if he plays badly on that line (which I don't think will happen). This is the reason why I think the "stay competitive and try to make the playoff" method instead of a full rebuild is stupid, because there's a good chance that in the end we won't be able to get the most out of all our young players.

Three things.

1: Quite honestly, he hasn't looked anything like a top six forward so far this season (and going back to preseason). You have to earn your spot..

2: After the Sedin line, our lineup is fairly interchangeable, and all of the lines seem to be getting their share of ice time. Just because he's on the "4th" line doesn't mean he's going to get 3 minutes of ice time, or that he's not going to have quality linemates.

3: He'll get his chance. Considering what our lineup looks like after the Sedin line, it's fairly obvious that he'll get another shot at playing a "top six" role.

#1. Agreed. He may yet be the power forward we would hope he will become, but he's obviously got his work cut out for him. Someone mentioned earlier of young power forwards making impacts right away in the NHL? Well.....Kass is not as gifted with talent as the OV or Stamkos' of the hockey world. He'll be a late bloomer.

#2. Seems the one and only constant is the Sedins on the top line. Pretty much post WCE days it has been such. Even when Kesler was still a Canuck did the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines interchange. And often, I might add. That being said, I'm comforted that this season we have enough player depth to roll four lines. However, the question begs to be asked, "Are our four lines competitive enough against the upper echelon teams. Particularly, the California teams.

#3. Yeah. He'll get his chance. Other than the Sedin/Virbata line, it's way too early in the season thus far to make any kind of decision regarding line combos for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. New players, new management and coaching staff, well.......let's give it a lil' more time shall we. Only been two games so far.

Go Canucks Go :towel:

I am all for short leashes as long as it's equal with every player. History has shown me that this team doesn't believe in that.

Kassian is trying to be a good teammate but it would probably be better for his career to ask for a trade. We could get a defensive scrub back.

I am all for short leashes as long as it's equal with every player. History has shown me that this team doesn't believe in that.

Kassian is trying to be a good teammate but it would probably be better for his career to ask for a trade. We could get a defensive scrub back.

It would be better for his career if he just worked harder and put in more effort, that's all anyone's asking.

Everyone just stop with the kass hasn't been given the chance he deserves, he in the spot he should be till he learns what it takes to be a top six player.

Archived