The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Return of Garrison

v3n

So one played I hated to see traded was Garrison. I met the guy in person and he seemed the most chilled out of all of the D men.

Anyone think he will get a good response when he hits it up here this weekend?

I personally wouldn't boo the guy at all... not like he asked to be moved.

Given the offensive firepower TB has, it is odd that he hasn't had more success yet.

Yeah I agree... but the same could be said for Ehrnhoff with the Pens... but he isn't doing that well either.

Personally.. I think Florida should have taken him instead... he worked so well with Campbell.

I like Garrison, He earned his contract by becoming a solid two way defenseman - he left some money on the table to come here - he worked through some groin issues here and played pretty good hockey, despite struggling mightily with his shot at times.

Yzerman is a top notch hockey intellect - I wasn't surprised at all to see him take advantage of Garrision's availability. I think Garrison will be very successful in Tampa.

If Vey goes on to have a significant career, then we will have to be appreciative JG signed on the line that is dotted.

So here's to hoping a decade later, we may look into the rear view mirror, & loudly applaud the muscular sloth.

Garrison has had one successful season in his career and a bunch of Meh seasons. So if Vey turns into a regular NHLer that can play top 9 I'll be happy with the move.

That said, I actually liked Garrison, hometown boy that wanted to be here. Hope the best for him in TB

If Vey goes on to have a significant career, then we will have to be appreciative JG signed on the line that is dotted.

So here's to hoping a decade later, we may look into the rear view mirror, & loudly applaud the muscular sloth.

Garrison has had one successful season in his career and a bunch of Meh seasons. So if Vey turns into a regular NHLer that can play top 9 I'll be happy.

That said, I actually liked Garrison, hometown boy that wanted to be here. Hope the best for him in TB

He's not Hodgson or Kesler, he left when J.B. asked him to waive, plus he wasn't around long enough, nor did he stir the pot in any way really. No way he deserves to be booed for that.

Definitely. He deserves an ovation for sure.

He didn't have to waive his NTC but he did for our sake. This guy doesn't deserve a single boo.

I wish it worked out with him but it didn't. Best of luck in tbay Jason! Hope you play awful on Saturday though

Hard to imagine why anyone would boo him. It's not like he was compaining and demanding ice time or trades or anything like that. As others have said, a decent contributor with a short tenure - respectful recognition (maybe) and nothing much else.

I don't think he'll get much recognition. He wasn't really a key contributor. More of an under achiever than anything else really. I don't feel like he was part of our fabric much.

Well.. he was a top 4 defenseman his entire time here, his big shot was a staple on the PP, and he was the highest scoring defenseman on the team last season.

I disagree with the bolded, but anyways I always liked Garrison as a person, I was a fan of the move when we got him & I thought we didn't get enough in return when we traded him.

I wish him all the best, and hopefully he gets a solid ovation when he returns.

Archived