The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks sellout streak to end on Saturday (?) at 474 games

DonaldBrashear

Victor de Bonis just sent out an e-mail to Canucks season ticket holders letting them know this. It hasn't even been released in the media yet. The e-mail doesn't make it clear when the streak is ending. E.g., if Edmonton was a sellout, then when did the streak end? Edit: apparently the streak will end on Saturday. Why announce it days ahead of time?

-------------------------------------------

On behalf of everyone at Canucks Sports & Entertainment, I want to take this opportunity to thank you and to celebrate a truly amazing accomplishment we’ve achieved together. On opening night vs the Edmonton Oilers, we reached 474 consecutive sellouts. It’s your loyalty and passion for the Canucks that helped fill Rogers Arena every night, beginning on Nov. 14, 2002 with a 3-2 win over the LA Kings.

As a Season Ticket Member, we wanted to let you know first that our sellout streak has come to a close as the longest active streak in the NHL and one of the most extensive in professional sports. It’s an amazing achievement and it’s been a truly remarkable ride, filled with some of the most exciting moments in Canucks history.

We are a strong franchise with a competitive team and bright future. With a season ticket base at 97% of what we had last year, we still anticipate many sell outs. And for those games we don’t, we’ll be using this opportunity to donate tickets to kids and community groups who won’t otherwise be able to experience a Canucks game live.

On a personal note, I can tell you that the past six months have been some of the most positive I’ve experienced since we opened Rogers Arena back in 1995. And the momentum continued into the first two games of the year. It’s a long season, but it’s been an exciting and refreshing start as we open a new chapter for our team.

I want to reemphasize that our goal remains the same. We’re focused on winning and to continuing to make you proud – to reigniting the excitement for Canucks hockey in our city. I know I speak on behalf of the Aquilini family and Trevor Linden when I say we are 100% committed to putting you at the forefront of everything we do.

If we do that, I believe we’ll be talking about many memorable games and a new sellout streak again very soon.

Sincerely,

Victor de Bonis
Chief Operating Officer, Canucks Sports & Entertainment
Alternate Governor, National Hockey League

From the sounds of it, the streak ended on September 26th against the Calgary Flames (PRE-SEASON GAME).

The Canucks had 473 games streak to end last year, and so San Jose sold out (game 474) and then it ended with Calgary.

The email is just poorly worded. What Victor de Bonis is saying is... a NEW streak has now started with the Edmonton home opener. So to recap:

Streak ended = September 26

New streak begins = October 11th

New streak ends = Soon :)

From the sounds of it, the streak ended on September 26th against the Calgary Flames (PRE-SEASON GAME).

The Canucks had 473 games streak to end last year, and so San Jose sold out (game 474) and then it ended with Calgary.

The email is just poorly worded. What Victor de Bonis is saying is... a NEW streak has now started with the Edmonton home opener. So to recap:

Thanks for clearing that up.

474 games = Almost 6 full season's worth.

Frankly our sudden drop off from best team in the league to 1 playoff win in 2 seasons to missing the playoffs probably had a lot to do with it. I think if we dropped off at a slower pace than we did then the streak could have gone on for longer.

On opening night vs the Edmonton Oilers, we reached 474 consecutive sellouts

The sellout ended on our 2nd home game, Oct.11th vs the Oilers. I don't think they count pre-season games towards the sell-out streak.

The sellout ended on our 2nd home game, Oct.11th vs the Oilers. I don't think they count pre-season games towards the sell-out streak.

What 2nd home game? Oct 11th was our home opener and 1st regular season game.

And yes they do count pre-season games, from what I understand... .

This email like most things is clear as mud.............................. Sigh

I think you're right. On the inphographic it says "every regular season and playoff home game". No mention of pre-season.

Archived