The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 12th man in Vancouver

rgreen29

I know there are a lot of us who are Canuck and Seahawk fans. After watching what the Hawks have done with their 12th man advantage, I ask , why not us?

If the sell out streak has come to an end, why are we giving the tickets to charity?

charity is great BUT, if we want a 12th man atmosphere we need some rowdy, pumped up, LOUD fans. Sell the unsold tickets, for cheap, feed the folks some beer, and let them be so LOUD it makes our building a intimidating place.

I know everyone wont like this one BUT if you got another suggestion .......

I know there are a lot of us who are Canuck and Seahawk fans. After watching what the Hawks have done with their 12th man advantage, I ask , why not us?

If the sell out streak has come to an end, why are we giving the tickets to charity?

charity is great BUT, if we want a 12th man atmosphere we need some rowdy, pumped up, LOUD fans. Sell the unsold tickets, for cheap, feed the folks some beer, and let them be so LOUD it makes our building a intimidating place.

They won't lower the prices because as far as weekend entertainment, the canucks are one of the few things available and last minute, the demand shoots up! Especially on weekends. I tried to hitup the last preseason game on a saturday and it was literally a feeding frenzing for the few scalpers that had any available. As the game started, the prices for tickets actually went up by almost 50% and people gladly paid for it. The bottom line is that there isn't really a whole lot to do in Vancouver on the weekends and people will continue to pay top dollar for the Canucks. Right now, there is literally no reason for the ownership to lower prices, especially while the sky remains blue and the positive vibes from the Linden/Benning signings remain.

they should fence in an area behind each net and let anything go

Went to a soccer match at Aztec Stadium in Mexico City and we wound up sitting in an area like that - fenced in with barbed wire for the hardcore fans. I remember a marching band, getting kicked in the back of the head when the other team scored, and some guy climbing the fence and throwing a smoke bomb onto the field. Going in there were riot police taking away people's belts, when we asked a guy sitting near us why he said in the past when the team was losing people used them to strangle fans of the visiting team.

Somehow I don't see it flying at Rogers Arena.

You might upset the suits that still buy the tickets if anyone makes too much noise.

Archived