The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rowdy Rexal place

kill_the_avs2

ive been living in Edmonton for last 11 years grew up in van... If had a lot of "problems" with oiler fans. I've never missed a game in 11 years but tonight took the cake I feel like sharing

Me and my friend are sitting centre ice row 11 lower bowl usually less problems with drunk annoying rig pig fans there but of course tonight I got sat beside a total retard. The second we got to are seats this guy was being loud, rude and just annoying the shit outta me.

Now if you have ever been to rexal the seats are extremely tight hardly any room at all. I'm 6,5 285lbs and weight lift 4 days a week so I can't help but take up a lot of room. So anyways through the 1st period this guy keeps pushing my elbow off the arm rest... Like there's only arm rest for 2 people obiously. So I'm trying to not let it bother me but every time I so much as put my arm anywhere near the arm rest this 5.9 170 lbs drunk guy insists on pushing it off

Now about Mid second period after are suttle game of arm rest wars this guy decides he's gonna slap my arm off the arm rest spilling my beer! So I simply look over at him and sat in iquote "do you really wanna get fucked up tonight?" His I guess "heffer" GF decides even though she's hasn't seen anything to now throw beer in my face I stand up and this wasted oiler Fan takes a swing at me...

Well in case your wondering why I'm posting at 630 am that because I just got home from dealing with cops all night! And I'm pretty sure that oiler fan Won't be seing out that side of his face for a week. Just a shitty night

Glad we won!!

Ps no charges cause enough witnesses saw how it when down. Just felt like venting! Nite Nucks nation

Never been to Rextall(Northlands Coliseum) but it's very much like the Pacific Coliseum...the seating is very tight and if you're a big person, it can be very uncomfortable.

Good for you for protecting yourself against a drunk couple who could have caused worse mayhem to others after the game, who knows where. Hope the two of them are denied privileges of attending future sporting events permanently.

I've been going to games there for the last 8 years without a problem but my companies seats are in a section with some pretty cool fans. Last night felt a little strange though- I saw a couple of good donnybrooks, yours I believe, and another big fella in the second level wearing a vintage home skate jersey who initially got shirted but dealt it pretty good once he got untangled. You sure can feel the vibe going south there these days : I don't think Squeakins is going to last very much longer.

Women are always the worst at these games. They are the agitators 50% of the time in fights. I've seen it time and time again. You can't hit a woman back or do anything to her, and some of them take liberties with that. I've seen women at hockey games go nuts and start throwing punches at guys who are arguing with their bf's and the guys most of the time just sit there and take it. A few times they will punch back or defend themselves and the crowd will instantly boo them. So what can you do. Sounds like this chick got away scot free and cost her BF a black eye. He should dump her ass big time.

Anyways, Rexall Place is the biggest dump of an arena in the biggest dump of an area. If you hadn't gotten in a fight inside, I am sure you would have been mugged outside after the game anyways so maybe this guy did you a favour.

I've been going to games there for the last 8 years without a problem but my companies seats are in a section with some pretty cool fans. Last night felt a little strange though- I saw a couple of good donnybrooks, yours I believe, and another big fella in the second level wearing a vintage home skate jersey who initially got shirted but dealt it pretty good once he got untangled. You sure can feel the vibe going south there these days : I don't think Squeakins is going to last very much longer.

The hate in Alberta towards the Canucks right now, especially Edmonton, is palpable.

The Oilers have lost all 4 games against the Canucks this year in mega beat downs (2 pre-season + 2 regular season) in less than 1 month span.

Basically my friends in Edmonton tell me that if you wear a Canucks jersey down the street right now you can't walk a block without someone bitching you out.

Sounds to me like the oilers fans are just mad and are venting on the Canucks for no reason. Shows the intelligence level of oilers fans though doesn't it?

Edmonton has no where to go but down. 8 missed playoff seasons and they are worse than ever, how is that possible?

The hate in Alberta towards the Canucks right now, especially Edmonton, is palpable.

The Oilers have lost all 4 games against the Canucks this year in mega beat downs (2 pre-season + 2 regular season) in less than 1 month span.

Basically my friends in Edmonton tell me that if you wear a Canucks jersey down the street right now you can't walk a block without someone bitching you out.

Sounds to me like the oilers fans are just mad and are venting on the Canucks for no reason. Shows the intelligence level of oilers fans though doesn't it?

Edmonton has no where to go but down. 8 missed playoff seasons and they are worse than ever, how is that possible?

Red necks of Canada.

Women are always the worst at these games. They are the agitators 50% of the time in fights. I've seen it time and time again. You can't hit a woman back or do anything to her, and some of them take liberties with that. I've seen women at hockey games go nuts and start throwing punches at guys who are arguing with their bf's and the guys most of the time just sit there and take it. A few times they will punch back or defend themselves and the crowd will instantly boo them. So what can you do. Sounds like this chick got away scot free and cost her BF a black eye. He should dump her ass big time.

Anyways, Rexall Place is the biggest dump of an arena in the biggest dump of an area. If you hadn't gotten in a fight inside, I am sure you would have been mugged outside after the game anyways so maybe this guy did you a favour.

if you knock the guys teeth out, then tell him you wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for her...that's a great move. Guarantees they break up or she heard about it forever

The dumb ones probably make 4x more than you ever will. And it's gunslinger mentality, not just limited to Alberta...northern BC is the same way. It's not like down south where everything is catered to the weak to prevent them from losing. That being said to bad the op had to fight if he didnt want to but oh well, what's a matter with a lil bit of good ol fashioned fun?

I've been to several Canucks/Flames game. Riding the train to and from. Some fun smack talk but never anything that caused me to lose my smile.

One game in Edmonton... Never again. Had several insults hurled at my group, one guy pushed my friend out of the bathroom line, just a bad vibe.

Edmonton is a crap hole.

lol, idiot tries to pick a fight with someone 6'5'', 285lbs.

Right!? Like wtf are some ppl thinking, I'm 6 215 and have been a fighter my whole life... And I still would never pick a fight with a guy that size... Now drag him out of a bar with help from other staff sure... But to blatantly troll this dude into an altercation just shows how dumb some ppl from Edmonton are! Hope you tagged him good OP.. Note to guys with little man syndrome... Check their ears, muscles and knuckles b4 u pick a fight lol

Archived