The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik being Henrik..

nux4lyfe

In case anyone missed it. This was a real nice gesture by Henrik Sedin. Gotta love the twins, They do so much on and off the ice, Pure class!

Lucic take notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iviGBxyOdbQ

I guess there's more to the story... ::D

Young Canucks Fan Gets Hit With Puck, Meets Sedins

By Rob Williams | 12:16 pm PST, Sat October 18, 2014 | Speak Up

Shares
sedin_stick.jpg?7ecf8a

Pretty cool story from the Canucks game in Edmonton last night after a young Canucks fan was hit in the head with a puck. The ‘cool’ part came afterwards.

Late in the second period, a young fan wearing a Canucks jersey was struck by a puck after a Nick Bonino clearing attempt deflected off the glass and into the stands. Henrik Sedin showed some great class by immediately handing over his hockey stick for the kid to keep.

But the story doesn’t end there.

The kid is 12-year old Daniel Praught, a Canucks fan from Fort McMurray. After the game, the young fan got to meet the Sedins and Alex Burrows outside the Canucks dressing room at Rexall Place. Daniel Sedin, not to be outdone by his brother, also signed a stick for the presumably thrilled youngster.

Not a bad night, all things considered.

Somehow the Sedins were painted as "the bad guys" in the 2011 SCF. A real shame people bought into the Boston propaganda machine.

It was just the "Storyline" fans were picking up on, that final had a ton of mainstream appeal because of it.

I live in the States, and during that time tons of non hockey fan Americans were coming up to me and asking about it because they heard of the good guy/bad guy story and they were watching, hasn't happened since,

The Canucks have been involved in two of the greatest SCF of all time, in terms of mainstream appeal.

It was just the "Storyline" fans were picking up on, that final had a ton of mainstream appeal because of it.

I live in the States, and during that time tons of non hockey fan Americans were coming up to me and asking about it because they heard of the good guy/bad guy story and they were watching, hasn't happened since,

The Canucks have been involved in two of the greatest SCF of all time, in terms of mainstream appeal.

And sadly lost both. :(

I'm still rooting for the Sedins to get what they deserve. They deserve the cup as much as ANY player in the league today.

As stated, every warm up Hank picks kids out on the glass and flicks pucks up and over to them (it gets kind of amusing when others try/fail). It's a huge moment for the kids and he never wavers or forgets about them. No ego at all, just a true leader, through and through. Every single game.

222989_10150252153990549_163578_n.jpg?oh

As stated, every warm up Hank picks kids out on the glass and flicks pucks up and over to them (it gets kind of amusing when others try/fail). It's a huge moment for the kids and he never wavers or forgets about them. No ego at all, just a true leader, through and through. Every single game.

Did not know this but awesome :D

We really do have an awesome captain. Remember when Hank was first named captain, and how many people were pissed that it wasn't Kesler?........

.........Yeah, me neither.

The really impressive thing is just how fast Henrik gave the kid his stick. Proves that there was no premeditation, just spur of the moment awesomeness by our captain.

222989_10150252153990549_163578_n.jpg?oh

I see Lu in the background..... :(

Or as the media would have put it in 2011:

What a big jerk, trying to hit kids with pucks before EVERY game.

Archived