The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Dallas Oct. 21st

Kryten

Come guys it could be worse, we coulda lost 7-3 or 6-2

The score is irrelevant to me. A loss is a loss.

It's how they battle back when they were down 6-1. And I liked they're fight in the second half. They didn't quit, and they played like they believed they could come back. That's all you can ask.

Time to lick their wounds and prepare for St.Louis on Thursday.

First period and a bit was a complete write off. Team looked like they were out for the morning skate when the second period began.

Liked what I saw for the rest of the game though. Tons of chances but Lehtonen had a strong game for them. Then there was also the BS no goal on Daniel Sedin. If the Hansen goal made it 6-4, I feel the Nucks would have had a great chance to tie it, because the dynamic of the game would have changed drastically.

Oh well, onto the next one. I'm just worried that Oshie is gonna finally wake up tomorrow night and light us up.

LOL @ Stanton's missing tooth,...which mirrors Kassian's. Wear the flippers for interviews boys.

Poor Edler! Our Mr. GQ just got the 'Kassquatch make-over' of his dental work, too,... I hardly recognize him.

If there's one thing NHLers should be able to afford, its the best dentists & dental work in the world.

Honestly, I don't think any logical fan thinks we are attempting to be a top tier team ! We are in a rebuild or "reboot" we are still trying to maintain competitiveness and a enjoyable product ! Minus the bounces for the most part was entertaining and good to see the effort!

As a measure of how far down this team has come note that they have Linden Vey on their top PP unilt - the same Linden Vey that could not crack the stanely cup champ roster.

Id put Big Kassian up on the second line - they have nothing to lose. The guy keeps making pass after pass only to have the recipient mess it up. If Booth had half decent hands Kassian would have had 10 more points last year.

The score is irrelevant to me. A loss is a loss.

It's how they battle back when they were down 6-1. And I liked they're fight in the second half. They didn't quit, and they played like they believed they could come back. That's all you can ask.

Time to lick their wounds and prepare for St.Louis on Thursday.

I think most of the more knowledgeable posters here did not and do not expect this team to be a legitimate threat or even a playoff team unless every chip they have falls into place. However, I am happy with what I am seeing on the ice, regardless of the outcome. Really, that's what I was hoping for from this season and it looks like it might be en enjoyable ride.

Haven't posted here for a while. Nice to see that the Canucks Ministry of Propaganda is alive and well, though I think I'll pass on the kool-aid. Thanks anyway, mods. The Canucks are good enough to beat two of the bottom feeders in Calgary and Edmonton, but the last two games has shown that this core is not a team that is going to beat playoff caliber teams, never mind (cough, cough,,,yeah right, Jim Benning) compete for the cup. Yes, they got some shots and goals in the second half of the game, but lets be serious, Dallas took their foot off the gas after being up 4-0. Look all you want for "positives", but the game was a blow-out, a 6-3 loss. The game against Tampa Bay was pretty much the same story. The Canucks core look old and slow against playoff caliber teams and their young players looked like, well, prospects.

As I said last year and the year before, until management accepts the fact that the core of this team is past its prime and allows the R-word into their vocabulary, we are in for a long Calgary Flames-like era of decline.

Archived