The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] ARZ-VAN

Rumors have been saying that Arizona is looking to move Gormley after he was unhappy playing in the AHL. Former first rounder, he is the guy that we need in the future. A PPQB d-man, and plays a good all around defensive game.

VAN: Gormley, 2015 6th rounder

ARZ: Gaunce, Friesen, 2015 2nd rounder and Hansen.

Edler/Tanev

Gormley/Hamhuis(rather have hamhuis play on his weak side than Gormley.

Stanton/Bieksa(have great chemistry)

Sbisa

Arizona get a good center prospect, a pick, and a solid 3rd liner.

Boedker/Vermette/Doan

Klinkhammer/Hanzal/Erat

Korpikoski/Gagner/Hansen

Moss/McMillan/Chipchura

Vitale

Not bad.

Thoughts?

Hamhuis can't play on the left side. If we acquire Gormley, an LD has to be going somewhere else, there's no way around it. Hamhuis and as much as I would like it to happen Edler aren't getting traded. Sbisa probably has negative value. Stanton is a solid young d-man, don't see the point in trading him. So realistically, Gormley doesn't fit here. We have more of a need for a smooth skating OFD that can QB the PP anyways, a guy like Sproul, Murphy, or Clendenning.

Great idea, lets put our best defenseman on his weak side.

Like putting Henrik on the wing.

I'd rather give up on Jensen than Gaunce. Soon he'll get tossed aside by shinkaruk and virtanen. While I think Gaunce can be a great bottom 6 guy, specially now that he's on the wing, he won't get bump by Horvat or McCann.

I'd rather give up on Jensen than Gaunce. Soon he'll get tossed aside by shinkaruk and virtanen. While I think Gaunce can be a great bottom 6 guy, specially now that he's on the wing, he won't get bump by Horvat or McCann.

So 2 winger prospects are good enough eh? Not like there are 4 lines.

So 2 winger prospects are good enough eh? Not like there are 4 lines.

You could always move a center to the wing and we have a lot of center prospects that have played wing before (Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels, McCann). Moving a natural winger to center is near impossible though.

Henrik doesn't play wing, so that makes no sense. Hammer played RD couple years ago didn't he, when he was paired with Edler?

Would be good to have a stabilizing defender among our prospects, esp. one that has offensive upside as well. He could be a successor to Hammer, since he's not getting any younger (already 31, and as solid as his positioning is, younger guys would likely be able to get a step on him).

Maybe just Gaunce and the pick?

Archived