The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long until they fix the 2nd line!

desiboynux4lifee*******

They can't "fix" it. Burrows is second line material but he cannot create to save his life.

This is Vancouver. You see what you get. I could see Canucks making a move during the deadline, but for now you guys have to understand that you will need to rely on the Sedin line, and your two third lines. Miller will be up and down this year, and so will your defense (bad away from home).

people need to accept that this team is years away from contending.

the team lacks:

skill

speed

physicality

defensive structure

the ability to win faceoffs

offense/speed/creativity from the back end

personality an enthusiasm

be patient or be frustrated, its up to you.

2nd line is not the issue. All the pieces are there, just need to get the lineups set and that starts with putting Kassian on the 2nd line RW. He's clearly the best player for that considering how the players have played thus far and honestly, putting him there is the best scenario for everyone and his own development.

Don't need to fix the 2nd line, need to fix the defense. Their mess ups lead to goals and we lose he lead and it's hard to comeback. Besides that, Nucks have outplayed all their opponents and are pouring the offense on. Just need to score a bit more (2nd line producing would be nice), tighter defense, and we're good. And great thing is JB has already said he's open to adding a dman if a team makes one available so no need to stress. Everything is in good hands. No need to be so reactionary and have knee-jerk reactions after every loss. It's only 4 games in :)

It's not a matter of how long it's a matter of if the players in the system pan out. It's no secret coming into this season secondary scoring was going to be an issue. It's going to take a while before the likes of Horvat, Shink, Jensen, McCann, and Virtanen establish themselves as top 6 players, if they ever do. You can go out and attempt to acquire too 6 talent but it's gonna cost ya and I don't think it's in managements cards to start trading prospects, yet.

This team isn't built for the playoffs and until the youth can step in and fill the massive voids on offence and defence the Canucks will be on the outside looking in. After last season was it any secret that there could be some tough times ahead for Canuck fans? I'm ready for a couple years of mediocrity and expect the Canucks to miss the playoffs. It's gonna take time and patience but management has the team going in the right direction.

people need to accept that this team is years away from contending.

the team lacks:

skill

speed

physicality

defensive structure

the ability to win faceoffs

offense/speed/creativity from the back end

personality an enthusiasm

be patient or be frustrated, its up to you.

I think you're being a little too emo to be objective.

Vbata to 2nd line. It's been discussed.

Why in the world would you do that?...

What needs to happen is Kassian to the 2nd line.

Dank - Henrik - Vrbata

Higgins/Vey - Bonino - Kassian

Vey/Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

Dorsett

...plus our defense needs clean up in our own end and we're good until JB adds another defender to solidify things up more.

They can't "fix" it. Burrows is second line material but he cannot create to save his life.

This is Vancouver. You see what you get. I could see Canucks making a move during the deadline, but for now you guys have to understand that you will need to rely on the Sedin line, and your two third lines. Miller will be up and down this year, and so will your defense (bad away from home).

Burrows is NOT a second line material. The way the last two games have gone, I think we might as well bring up the rookies and let them play. They won't be much worse than Burrows. At least there is hope for next year with the rookies but with Burrows, what hope is there? He is not going to magically become a 30 goal scorer again.

Archived