The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL)VAN.NYI

Islanders want to win now so they aren't going to be dumping key players for prospects/picks.

Boychuk has also been having a really good season his price is only going up.

And lastly the Islanders are already to heavy at center. Tavares, Nielsen, Strome, Nelson... Gaunce wouldn't top any of these guys spots and doesn't fit what they need.

I'll mske you a desl If you can come up with a logical, realistic reason why the Islanders would do this trade I'll never comment on your proposals again. If you can't then you stop making proposals. What do you say?

So tell me. Why would the islanders trade Boychuk. A guy they JUST acquired and who is doing extremely well for them when all they get back is a long shot undersized D prospect, a decent but far from sure thing forward prospect and a meaningless 4th round pick?

Didn't they just give up two 2nds to get him? I think they'd probably rather have those than 2 meh prospects and a 4th. You're also completely ignoring that they actually went out and shored up the D by picking up two good players because they need to make sure they don't hand out another ticket to the McDavid lottery. Why would they proceed to dump one of them for something that doesn't immediately help them. This proposal makes no sense for anyone other than Vancouver.

I'll mske you a desl If you can come up with a logical, realistic reason why the Islanders would do this trade I'll never comment on your proposals again. If you can't then you stop making proposals. What do you say?

So tell me. Why would the islanders trade Boychuk. A guy they JUST acquired and who is doing extremely well for them when all they get back is a long shot undersized D prospect, a decent but far from sure thing forward prospect and a meaningless 4th round pick?

Boychuk is 30. Id do a 3rd. Other than that it wouldnt be worth it. 2 young prospects expected to make nhl. And PK was also undersized and jordan is expected to hit a growth spurt. And if that happens the islander will be laughing.

Islanders want to win now so they aren't going to be dumping key players for prospects/picks.

Boychuk has also been having a really good season his price is only going up.

And lastly the Islanders are already to heavy at center. Tavares, Nielsen, Strome, Nelson... Gaunce wouldn't top any of these guys spots and doesn't fit what they need.

Islanders want to win now? Lol

Boston

La

Chi

Pit

Mtl

Sj

Ana

Stl

They will not win against any of these teams in the playoffs. Nyi are a team of the future, not a win now. I agree their trying their best to make playoffs so the decision to go for dal colle last year dont bite them in the ass. But i dont think theyd decline this and if they did a little tweak in the proposal would push the trade through

The islanders needed help now on their defence. That's why they traded for Boychuk to begin with. The fact that he's 30 is inconsequential. He's hrlping their team now. If they had decided they really needed a small defenceman who MIGHT have a growth spurt and help the team in 3 or 4 years in sure Vancouver would have been their first call

Islanders want to win now? Lol

Boston

La

Chi

Pit

Mtl

Sj

Ana

Stl

They will not win against any of these teams in the playoffs. Nyi are a team of the future, not a win now. I agree their trying their best to make playoffs so the decision to go for dal colle last year dont bite them in the ass. But i dont think theyd decline this and if they did a little tweak in the proposal would push the trade through

I'm not arguing how far the Isles will go I am simply saying what Snow has said and is doing. Not as an opinion but as a fact stated by Snow himself since before the start of last season. They are not looking for prospects and picks. They are happy with what they have and want to add significant NHL roster upgrades to turn them into a legit contender. Your offer gives them what they don't want and takes away what they don't want to give up.

A Boychuk trade only makes sense for the Isles at the NHL Deadline if they are out of the playoff picture and they are unable to resign him. And if this was to happen what you are offering still does not line up with what they need and just adds to the bottom of an overly stacked position for them.

It would be like someone trying to trade a goalie to the Canucks for Hamhuis. You are basically overlooking what the other team is trying to do. This just doesn't line up with what the Isles need or want.

If anything a realistic isles trade would see them moving picks/prospects for established NHL players.

I'm not arguing how far the Isles will go I am simply saying what Snow has said and is doing. Not as an opinion but as a fact stated by Snow himself since before the start of last season. They are not looking for prospects and picks. They are happy with what they have and want to add significant NHL roster upgrades to turn them into a legit contender. Your offer gives them what they don't want and takes away what they don't want to give up.

A Boychuk trade only makes sense for the Isles at the NHL Deadline if they are out of the playoff picture and they are unable to resign him. And if this was to happen what you are offering still does not line up with what they need and just adds to the bottom of an overly stacked position for them.

It would be like someone trying to trade a goalie to the Canucks for Hamhuis. You are basically overlooking what the other team is trying to do. This just doesn't line up with what the Isles need or want.

If anything a realistic isles trade would see them moving picks/prospects for established NHL players.

With Florence having explained why the proposal doesn't make sense from the Isles point of view, let's look at the Canucks.

The Canucks aren't a Cup winner, they're in a rebuild while trying to stay competitive. They're competitive at this stage, with some clear weaknesses.

The worst thing for a rebuilding team to do is trade its prospects for short-term help. It makes them slightly better at the risk of giving up the future. That is exacerbated if the short term help is rental.

This trade gives up future prospects for a 30 year old who, at his age, is unlikely to be around to help if and when the Canucks prospects mature enough to make them a contender and who can go elsewhere as an UFA at the end of the season.

The Canucks shouldn't give up Gaunce even up for Boychuk. They shouldn't give up Subban even up for Boychuk. It's questionable whether they should even give up any draft pick-even a 4th-even up for Boychuk.

Would the Canucks be Cup contenders with Boychuk? No, they wouldn't be remotely close.

Accordingly, the proposal makes no sense whatsoever from the Canucks' side either.

I just about choked on seeing the op-it isn't often that a proposal goes completely against the goals of both teams.

Archived