The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Vey really fit in this line-up?

nitti999

Honestly I think he needs to develop more. Either he is a centre that can win face-offs, or a playmaking winger in the top 6. Right now he isn't an affective centre, and doesn't fit as top 6 winger.

He needs some time in Utica to develop as a centre, or possibly it won't work out.

As i see it we are missing a checking 3rd line, and the pieces are not clicking, especially defensively.

What may, i say may work (at least a little better) would be something like this:

sedin sedin vrbata

burr bonino kass

higgins horvat (not sure if he's ready) hansen (checking line)

matthais (hasn't looked good) richardson dorsett

this isn't a proposal thread. it seems that Willie is trying to make something work thats just not there. could vey be a 3rd or 4 th line centre. only if he can take draws. As a 3rd 4th line winger i don't see it at all

There hasn't been anything wrong with Linden's play, while he is still developing he has been playing well. I wouldn't worry about him, he fits and has been playing well enough to earn a spot. I'd worry about the 2nd line that hasn't been clicking first.

He's been a PPG player in the AHL during his tenure. He has 3 points in 5gp. Although his faceoff game needs improvement, it would be best for him to stick with the bigs and get some experience. He's really been great on the PP. That Dorsett/Vey/Hansen line was very good last night all because of Vey.

So no, he deserves a spot on our line. I would love WD to try out a Vey/Bonino/Kassian line. Please Desjardins, give Kassian a chance on the top 6!

Vey slotted on the fourth line center isn't for a long term thing, its more to get Hansen and Dorsett going last night which looked like they sparked despite a nonmemorable game.

Also WD said that Vey needs to learn to be more involved in the play, and use his strengths like puck possession, speed, and making plays.

He is still finding himself and what kind of player he is going to be in the NHL...give it some time.

There hasn't been anything wrong with Linden's play, while he is still developing he has been playing well. I wouldn't worry about him, he fits and has been playing well enough to earn a spot. I'd worry about the 2nd line that hasn't been clicking first scoring on its chances and the defense.

Agree + bolded. Vey is not a problem at all. He's a good player.

He's been a PPG player in the AHL during his tenure. He has 3 points in 5gp. Although his faceoff game needs improvement, it would be best for him to stick with the bigs and get some experience. He's really been great on the PP. That Dorsett/Vey/Hansen line was very good last night all because of Vey.

So no, he deserves a spot on our line. I would love WD to try out a Vey/Bonino/Kassian line. Please Desjardins, give Kassian a chance on the top 6!

70187-Dwayne-the-rock-applause--gif-x9hl

Oh and isn't Vey waiver eligible?

If he is, it will kinda defeat this thread's purpose..

Yep, not to mention our line-up doesn't exactly fit with itself. I don't think any combination of these guys thrown around in different combinations is going to suddenly produce a scoring line 2. Without that and some experience I think we're going to see what most of us expect. A team that struggles to score a bit but plays hard every night.

i am not sure what games you have been watching against teams with any depth (TB or Dallas). Vey is clearly not the only issue with the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line. (second line was awful in dallas).

The topic is that he is not currently fitting in the line-up. He does not look good at center (can't win draws). He isn't an impactful 3rd or 4th line winger (needs to be physical)

if he is in fact a second line winger ( someone has to move out, or down the lineup, (higgins/ burrows)(not sure he's better then these guys)

if he is going to play center nothing has shown me that he is ready for that. on the pp he has been semi-effective (honestly not many players wouldn't playing of the sedins) --his goal on the pp anyone could have put that in and he almost wiffed it

Archived