Canucks Community

Hope is on the Horizon (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Markstrom....................3-0..........GA 0.33...........save %.988

Jensen..........................8 shots tonight

McCann........................1.7 pts per game

Cassels.........................1.9 pts per game

Subban and McCann...................invited to ohl subway series

Subban leading all OHL defenceman with points, and high inthe overall scoring race (20th at the moment)

Shinaruk looking good in his first pro season

Horvat looking good in the faceoff circle

Virtanen back in 2 days

Gaunce 77 best prospect

Erickson not looking too bad either!

Demko is NCAA

An obviously decent 2015 1st round pick

Just want to put a little happy in everyones life

2 possible outcomes. Canucks do well enough to make the playoffs and generate some forward momentum going into next season. They build off their success and slowly integrate prospects into the few seasons.

The other is that they do terribly and gain a draft pick.

I'm okay with either.

2 possible outcomes. Canucks do well enough to make the playoffs and generate some forward momentum going into next season. They build off their success and slowly integrate prospects into the few seasons.

I'm okay with either.

You know, me too!

I am also interested to see what just happens this year. Benning was in a tough spot right from the get go.........so I am alright with the team. It's great to see the Sedin and Vrbatta gel.

The funniest thing is that the Canucks have almost totally rebuilt the future in 3 years.....Gillis needs some credit for that....Can't wait to see what Virtanen does.......might take him awhile, but it will be worth the wait!

OK, it's not a total rebuilding of our prospect pool, but it is a darn good start!

McCann is really tearing it up down there. Good to see Shinkaruk also succeed in the early stages of the AHL season. So stoked Virtanen is playing again. Really looking forward to seeing Horvat suit up for the Canucks soon.

So is Cassells.....having a huge year, is the Captain of Oshawa and really turning into something. Don't forget he was arguably the best center in his rookie camp, looked better than Gaunce and Horvat that year...and given how he's producing now....think we have a steal there...

I'm okay with either.

U know what i agree! Both are good options going fwd cause i dont think winning the cup is very realistic no more. But should have a winning team for the young guys!

Getting excited for the future! :)

So is Cassells.....having a huge year, is the Captain of Oshawa and really turning into something. Don't forget he was arguably the best center in his rookie camp, looked better than Gaunce and Horvat that year...and given how he's producing now....think we have a steal there...

Yeah you're right, Cassels has been great too. Never got a chance to see him play this year but just looking at his stats, he's impressive so far. It's going to be very interesting next year with so many young players pushing for spots.

I'm okay with either.

This is my exact train of thought.

I hate people who are all like OMGGGG STANLEY CUP OR TANK FOR MCDAVID!!!

I'm okay with either.

There's a reasonable possibility the Canucks will be 9th-11th in the West, with a decent record-which on this description is included in terribly.

If they're truly terrible this year and not close to challenging for a playoff spot, the prospects might be better to spend this year on a competitive AHL team.

Markstrom....................3-0..........GA 0.33...........save %.988

Jensen..........................8 shots tonight

McCann........................1.7 pts per game

Cassels.........................1.9 pts per game

Subban and McCann...................invited to ohl subway series

Shinaruk looking good in his first pro season

Horvat looking good in the faceoff circle

Virtanen back in 2 days

Gaunce 77 best prospect

Erickson not looking too bad either!

Demko is NCAA

An obviously decent 2015 1st round pick

Just want to put a little happy in everyones life

You just made my glass half full. ::D

Nice to see a positive thread for a change.

We do have some decent prospects coming up that will likely start filling the lineup during the next 2-4 years. I think Benning will add a few more young players (defence) via trades/picks.

The future is looking brighter for the Nucks, but the fans need to be patient and supportive.

I may be biased but in 2-3 years I really think we'll have one of the best mixes of young players and prospects in the NHL. We just need a future top line center and RW.

Virtanen - _____ - _____

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian

Gaunce - McCann - Jensen

Matthias - Cassels - Vey

I'm very happy with the prospects we have to fill out our 2nd and 3rd line. Until we get players to replace the Sedins I'm not sure what hope you're seeing. By the time these guys will be good Bieksa and Hamhuis will be old too.

I think we need a few years of sucking to get some top end prospects. When we end up trading the Sedins and some of our other players away we'll be getting at best, mid level 1st round picks.

Archived