The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen on the 2nd line

Off_The_Schneid!

I'm posting this ahead of tonight's game because I'm confident our 2nd line will have the same outcome as previous games.

I'm tired of the same old same old burrows, Higgins line.

It didn't work last year with Kesler as the center why would it work now?

We need to inject a talented sniper to turn that line around

Bonino is a playmaker, so who is supposed to be the goal scorer on that line up?

It's not burrows so your saying Higgins is our secondary scoring.

Bonino had a breakout year last year playing with players that can put the puck in the net.

Bring up Jensen! Not because he scored a goal last night, but because he earned a spot at training camp and is one of those players that plays better on the big club. Plays better with players that can set him up.

He is the talented goal scorer that second line needs. Not only does he deliver that game changing ability but he injects some excitement to the line. That second line and bonino desperately need a guy like Jensen

Bring him up!

The funny thing is, I thought Jensen looked good when he was up here for the short stint. I think we would be better off giving rookies NHL experience at this point than letting vets continually bring down the second line.

Last year in the AHL he started bad and ended good got called up. Got 5 points in 7 games and then got only 1 points in the last 10 games. Had a great training camp and then only gets 1 point in 5 games in the AHL.

I don't think it would in Jensen case because he is a streaky guy and if he goes on a cold streak in the NHL that will adversely affect his confidence and knowing the fan base they will turn on him in less than a second. Just imagine how the fans would react if Jensen was in the NHL and only got 1 point so far like in the AHL while playing second line minutes.

Bonino has done little to show he is a #2 Center, why is he getting a free pass?

Boner has to step up his game, If Bonino is a "playmaker", I have not seen him set up anyone so far.

If anybody gets called up now it will be Horvat, maybe he can win a face off.

IMO Kassian is the one that has warranted 2nd line minutes

I'd argue that his stock is high to begin with.

Fair point. What I was getting at is if he has a lack luster year his stock would deminish. Now, that obviously isn't forseeable but I have a hunch that Jensen will underwhelm. I do hope he proves me wrong, but I think he is over rated on CDC because of that "P" word everyone throws around.

If I was in JB's shoes I would definitely explore the option of including Jensen in a deal for a young defensive prospect. But I'm not so I guess we will see what happens.

I'm posting this ahead of tonight's game because I'm confident our 2nd line will have the same outcome as previous games.

I'm tired of the same old same old burrows, Higgins line.

It didn't work last year with Kesler as the center why would it work now?

We need to inject a talented sniper to turn that line around

Bonino is a playmaker, so who is supposed to be the goal scorer on that line up?

It's not burrows so your saying Higgins is our secondary scoring.

Bonino had a breakout year last year playing with players that can put the puck in the net.

Bring up Jensen! Not because he scored a goal last night, but because he earned a spot at training camp and is one of those players that plays better on the big club. Plays better with players that can set him up.

He is the talented goal scorer that second line needs. Not only does he deliver that game changing ability but he injects some excitement to the line. That second line and bonino desperately need a guy like Jensen

Bring him up!

You say our 2nd line needs a talented sniper and you think Jensen can fill that role? You are going to be hella disappointed. Shinkaruk is already a better player, younger and with a even higher celing. But his detractors will point out he can't play a 2way game blah blah blah or hes too small for the NHL.

I've been saying that our second line needs a goal scorer, a point-getter. I'm tired of watching guys like Burrows and Higgins on the second line, they are hard working there is no denying it, but they cannot put the points on the score sheet when it counts. Lets see what happens tonight.

I'm confident that if there is no improvement in our second line we have a GM that isn't afraid to make some changes.

You say our 2nd line needs a talented sniper and you think Jensen can fill that role? You are going to be hella disappointed. Shinkaruk is already a better player, younger and with a even higher celing. But his detractors will point out he can't play a 2way game blah blah blah or hes too small for the NHL.

Shink needs to work on his conditioning and getting stronger since he missed a year of development. Have you seen Jensen play? He's a sniper... he may be streaky but he can definitely put the puck in the net.

Jensen>Burrows on the 2nd line easy.

Personally if they are going to call anyone up for secondary scoring I would like to see Shinkaruk get the call. He can shoot the puck just as well as Jensen and has incredible enthusiasm and energy that he brings to the lineup

If anyone deserves it, it would be gaunce

Archived