The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Draft prospects

Gstank29

So its about that time where we start talking about the 2015 draft class. I was wondering who you guys think are some prospects that are unheard of or under appreciated that we might see rise up draft boards during the season. Also meant to discuss what players we should target.

FYI WE ALL KNOW YOU GUYS WANT MCDAVID AND EICHEL, BUT LETS BE REALISTIC HERE AND SAY THAT THEY ARENT GOING TO BE ON THE BOARD WHEN WE PICK

So its about that time where we start talking about the 2015 draft class. I was wondering who you guys think are some prospects that are unheard of or under appreciated that we might see rise up draft boards during the season. Also meant to discuss what players we should target.

FYI WE ALL KNOW YOU GUYS WANT MCDAVID AND EICHEL, BUT LETS BE REALISTIC HERE AND SAY THAT THEY ARENT GOING TO BE ON THE BOARD WHEN WE PICK

My guess is between 8-20 where we pick.

ARE YOU KIDDING WE ARE TANKING FOR MCDAVID

DISHONOUR FOR CONNOR

I have a feeling that it's going to be wide open, without a ton of consensus, after the first 8 or so picks.

With guys like Barzal, Merkley, Speers, Konecny, and Marner, there will be a lot of super-skilled but small(er) forwards available should we end up with an early-teen pick.

EDIT: I knew Speers was 5'11 but he's also 185 lbs., so he's on the smaller side but he's not actually "small".

I'm thinking we pick around 6-9 or 14-16 and it all depends on if Benning sees the team as a contender or a pretender. We could potentially be sellers, and trade away the extra Vets, or we could trade picks and prospects for one more kick at the can.

My picks might be impossible, but I would love to get Hanifin and of he is gone I'd go with Mathew Barzal and Dylan Strome.

Dream Situation if we are below .500:

At the deadline:

Canucks

1st Round Pick Montreal

Montreal

Burrows

3rd rounder

Canucks

Miller

2nd Round Pick

Sharks

Niemi

1st round Pick

Dylan Demelo

At the draft:

Canucks:

Kane

4th

Oilers:

Higgins

Bonino

Markstrom

Gaunce

2nd

Picks:

Vancouver 1st: 4-6th Overall: Hanifin/Dylan Strome

San Jose 24th Overall: Filip Ahl/Jesper Lindgren (Swedish Pick!)/BPA

Montreal 28th Overall: Ryan Gropp/ BPA

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Kane-FreeAgent/Vey(If Ready)-Jensen/Kassian

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Jensen/Kassian

Mathias-Richardson-Dorsett

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Ehroff/(UFA)/

Hanifin(If Drafted)/Stanton-Tanev

Lack

Markstrom

or

we could just sell the farm grab some more playoff preformers, bribe Bettman and win the Cup

I was thinking about this the other day. The Canucks could still improve on last season and STILL miss the playoffs. With the new draft lottery taking place next year, can you imagine if the Canucks beat out the Sabres, their expansion cousins and the favourites to win the draft lottery? It would be sweet karma after losing to Buffalo in the infamous wheel spin of 1970 and the Sabres got to pick future Hall of Famer, Gilbert Perrault.

You just never know. ;)

Archived