The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bonino vrs kesler

Guest Cuporbust2

Guest Cuporbust2

Just wanted to point out the stats for these two so far this year. The both are identical . Both plus one , nick having 5 points in 7 games , kesler having 6 in 8.

Bonino is not the issue with the second line and kesler was massively overrated for what he did here. No doubt we need more to contend , but we on the right track with guys like bonino and vey

Just wanted to point out the stats for these two so far this year. The both are identical so far. Both plus one , nick having 5 points in 7 games , kesler having 6 in 8.

Bonino is not the issue with the second line and kesler was massively overrated for what he did here. No doubt we need more to contend , but we on the right track with guys like bonino and vey

If only bonino could win a faceoff

Bonino has been great.

Our faceoffs have been terrible all around. Everyone has to step up.

I've watched 4 of keslers games and in my opinion his stats are showing better than he's playing. Solid trade considering what we had to deal with, him handcuffing us to 2 teams and what not.

Still made we got mcann instead of ritchie though. I wonder if they would have given us ritchie if we didn't include sbisa in the deal.

Guest Cuporbust2

If only bonino could win a faceoff

Identicle stats for less then half. Works for me. 3 mill less cap hit , if all we Gota worry about is faceoffs we in good shape

Bottom line, Kesler can change the out come of a game and or series.

Bonino, not yet anyway.

How often did he do that? The main difference is bonino goes about his game quietly without gaining a lot of attention good or bad and kess is in your face. Kess has more talent for sure but this is one case that I'm ok with getting a less talented player back.

Kesler is hands down better than Bonino. Maybe one day Bonino could be considered as good but at this time it`s not even close and the only reason they should ever be mentioned in the same sentence is because they were in the same trade.

Last few seasons if some Ducks fans tried to tell you Bonino was just as good as Kesler I doubt the same responses would be rolling in from those that consider it even in the same ballpark

bonino had pretty good playoff stats the last 2 years as well. Bonino is a very good player on a great contract but he doesnt impact the game in as many areas as Kesler does.

Kesler took on the toughest matchups, faceoffs and won consistently which is why anaheim paid a hefty price to get him to take that load off of Getzlaf.

Having 6 first round forwards in our prospect pool now is a huge boost for the future which is where this trade is great. Now we just need to make sure we stockpile our blueline and hope to heck our development team has learned from its mistakes.

Archived