The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bonino vrs kesler

Guest Cuporbust2

Just wanted to point out the stats for these two so far this year. The both are identical . Both plus one , nick having 5 points in 7 games , kesler having 6 in 8.

Bonino is not the issue with the second line and kesler was massively overrated for what he did here. No doubt we need more to contend , but we on the right track with guys like bonino and vey

You lost me right there. Dont let the way it all ended cloud your judgement. Kesler was huge for the Canucks.

Still made we got mcann instead of ritchie though. I wonder if they would have given us ritchie if we didn't include sbisa in the deal.

Just want to throw some stats at you

McCann has 14 points in 9 games. He's a +5

Ritchie has 13 points in 10 games. He's a -5

Out of the 2, McCann is the better 2 way forward.

Still early in the season but McCann is showing some serious numbers out there.

The only thing Bonino beats Kesler in is vision, be realistic guys.

Kesler is an Elite #2 center that can play #1 when needed while shutting the best players down, while Bonino is a average-low #2 center.

Not hating on Bonino though, he's been more than I've asked for since coming here.

The only thing Bonino beats Kesler in is vision, be realistic guys.

Kesler is an Elite #2 center that can play #1 when needed while shutting the best players down, while Bonino is a average-low #2 center.

Not hating on Bonino though, he's been more than I've asked for since coming here.

Bonino is also much younger and has potential to improve and become a quality #2 center, not to mention that he makes his line mates better by sharing the puck. Kess is in the decline and as great as he can be doesn't work well with almost everyone.

I think this trade was great for both teams and it's great to be rid of a cancer in the room. I'd do this trade any day of the week and twice on Sunday. ;)

Does everyone just look at stats

Kesler was a solid shutdown guy

His defensive capability to suppress other teams star players is what he did

He had a lot of defensive responsibilities and had a good offensive upside

That guy killed every power play, played a str8 up 200 foot game

Man stats are not everything

You lost me right there. Dont let the way it all ended cloud your judgement. Kesler was huge for the Canucks.

1 real beastly season followed and precluded by mediocre/decent play. he was big for us, esp in the cup run. but he is over rated amongst the canucks fan community. we will miss his shut down play, thats about it.

Does everyone just look at stats

Kesler was a solid shutdown guy

His defensive capability to suppress other teams star players is what he did

He had a lot of defensive responsibilities and had a good offensive upside

That guy killed every power play, played a str8 up 200 foot game

Man stats are not everything

Bonino has been good defensively.Add McCann to the trade and we got a steal of a deal.

Bonino is also much younger and has potential to improve and become a quality #2 center, not to mention that he makes his line mates better by sharing the puck. Kess is in the decline and as great as he can be doesn't work well with almost everyone.

I think this trade was great for both teams and it's great to be rid of a cancer in the room. I'd do this trade any day of the week and twice on Sunday. ;)

This is absolutley true. We came out pretty good on this deal. I like Bonino.

But it doesn't change the fact that Kesler was a beast for the Canucks for a number of years. His performance against Nashville in the playoffs was legendary.

This is absolutley true. We came out pretty good on this deal. I like Bonino.

But it doesn't change the fact that Kesler was a beast for the Canucks for a number of years. His performance against Nashville in the playoffs was legendary.

Agreed

1 real beastly season followed and precluded by mediocre/decent play. he was big for us, esp in the cup run. but he is over rated amongst the canucks fan community. we will miss his shut down play, thats about it.

Yeah. Not saying he was the best of all time. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But a lot of people are looking back at his time with the Canucks by the way it ended. Trying to pick apart the bad things Kesler brought. And we all know what those were, no need to go over them. But when Kelser was on top of his game, every GM in the league would of giving his left nut to get him on his team. Thats just a fact, like it or not.

We simply don't have a player on this team that is able to take over a playoff game like Kesler was.

I'm not saying he did it all the time but when he did we was unstoppable.

The closest resemblance we have had was Alex Edler against the Kings when we won in 6.

But it happened in a couple of games in one series.. what about the other 10 years? One series in a decade is a little less than "not all the time"

But it happened in a couple of games in one series.. what about the other 10 years? One series in a decade is a little less than "not all the time"

even that series we were swept against san jose Kesler tried to carry that team on his back in games 3 and 4 but the rest of the team was just too heavy that year.

Kesler was a fantastic player for us and will be huge for anaheim this year in the playoffs. That being said considering the corner we were painted into Benning did a pretty good job of getting us a respectable return.

If Sbisa can play like he did against St Louis a lot more and a lot less like he has the rest of the season (wishful thinking probably) we will come out pretty well in that trade just in current players not even factoring in Mccann.

Archived