Canucks Community

-Injuries & Ice Chips thread- 2015 Season

The Hornet

What are the status of those players?

Zack - knee

Vrbata - ???

Sbisa - ???

Dorsett - ???

EDIT: and what about Sestito? Assuming he's also still injured? Otherwise DeFazio wouldn't be up I'm guessing.

Sestito - ???

This is what I herd. Don't put too much into it because it may not be correct. Vrbata - Shoulder 2 weeks.

Wered you hear that? 1040? If that was the case he'd miss this week's games . Then we have five days off after the Arizona one. So he'd be back by the chi Game at the earliest(if info you heard is correct?

I sure hope Juice puts on a visor. I don't want to see another Manny Malhotra/Marc Staal etc situation here. Personally, i think everyone should have to wear one, it's for the players safety and protects the owners and team from possible injuries.

Not sure what "hockey code" has to do with whether or not players choose not to wear a visor because they think it impedes their vision (which is what you argued), but I'm glad to hear you wear one. :)

It comes down to what your team, coach and teammates expect of you. Each team is not made up of 4 scoring lines, each line (or players) carry different responsibilities under hockey code.

Players like Bieksa, Dorsett, Kassian etc are all required/expected to fight for their teammates to set tone / reduce players taking liberties on our star players. Being willing to play this role means you are required to stand up for your teammates, you are required within the league to be able to demonstrate courage/toughness game in/ game out. Wearing a visor does not demonstrate courage amongst their peers, especially when a choice is offered. The visor also creates injuries in a fight.

My belief is the league should mandate visors, just like it grandfathered helmets. Take the choice out of the equation.

It comes down to what your team, coach and teammates expect of you. Each team is not made up of 4 scoring lines, each line (or players) carry different responsibilities under hockey code.

Players like Bieksa, Dorsett, Kassian etc are all required/expected to fight for their teammates to set tone / reduce players taking liberties on our star players. Being willing to play this role means you are required to stand up for your teammates, you are required within the league to be able to demonstrate courage/toughness game in/ game out. Wearing a visor does not demonstrate courage amongst their peers, especially when a choice is offered. The visor also creates injuries in a fight.

My belief is the league should mandate visors, just like it grandfathered helmets. Take the choice out of the equation.

They did!

As I mentioned in a previous message, the league HAS mandated visors. Beginning last season, all incoming players must wear visors. However, all players who had more than 25 games of NHL experience at the start of the 13/14 season were grandfathered in and are not required to wear a visor.

Being that most of the league now wears one, choosing to not wear a visor isn't a sign of courage. And being that there is no longer a rule discouraging fighting with a visor on (as it will be a fact of life in the NHL going forward as long as fighting is still allowed), wearing one has nothing to do with hockey code.

Archived