The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Where's Wellwood

On 7/9/2017 at 9:51 PM, Slegr said:

I was hoping to enjoy the new Spidey flick more than I did. It felt like an Iron Man movie. Not because Iron Man was in it so much, but because of Spiderman's Iron man suit. 

I was discussing this with someoneoe else and here were my thoughts:

" I was feeling exact same way before I went into this movie,  as a comic collector I wanted it to be like the books properly. However I think this change was somewhat good cause most people have seen previous Spidey movies and having same old origin story would get boring. I think this change was good and it gave a different approach to Spidey. As for Iron Man, since Marvel is in a Civil War area currently based on last films in the comics Iron Man played played a big part in Spider-Man comics during Civil War. Also during the Civil War storyline Spidey wore a complete different costume (I think it was made by Iron Man). I think Marvel is just trying to follow that storyline as the Marvel universe is in the "Civil War" phase. Also, just to confirm the suit is called Iron Spider Armour and it was create by Tony Stark during the Civil war story line."

In conclusion on the suit I believe Marvel wanted Iron Man to create the suit as it followed the Spiderman Civil War story line but instead of him making a new suit like in the comics during the Civil war sotry line they just wanted him to make the regular suit as it would be odd to see Spidey wearing this suit especially since this was reboot. However I think they went overboard with the suit in the movie. 

This is the suit in the comics that Stark created during Civil War story line.

329?cb=20060531074725

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw Black Panther opening weekend. My first time seeing an MCU movie opening weekend. 

It had in my opinion, a lacklustre opening. I wasn't really feeling it until Michael B Jordan appeared on screen. From then on it was pretty great. Michael B Jordan drove the movie. Letitia Wright was the second best part. 

The midcredit scene would've been a better scene to lead into the credits than the one they used. The post credit scene was predictable. Overall, it was a marvel film with a better villain and supporting cast than the hero. 

The colours, and music were amazing. For a hero whose suit is black, this movie continued the trend since Doctor Strange/GOTG2 of having vibrant colours and popping visuals. Civil War does look very grey by comparison but that fits Civil War's tone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-02-04 at 7:43 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

Avengers Infinity War TV SuperBowl TV Spot! That I somehow never actually saw on TV despite watching the game.

Uhhh..it's too far away. It must be released earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw Infinity War tonight and was not at all disappointed. Highly recommend. Although I would suggest it's important to catch up on previous MCU films beforehand so this movie will make more sense. I went with my brother and he was asking a lot of questions and yet still enjoyed the show.

• Upvote 1

I saw it last night and will see it again tomorrow. I managed to avoid spoilers going in except for something someone said as I was walking into the theatre which turned out to be not true but influenced how I watched the movie. 

I saw it third row from the screen, way to the left of the theatre in 3D. The 3D glasses just muted the bright scenes and made the dark scenes almost black for me. (some of the 3D (especially near the beginning as I was getting used to it looked very much like cardboard cutouts placed at different distances from the screen. See it in 2D if possible. Won't get a chance to see it in IMAX (Infinity War was filmed with IMAX cameras) so can't say if it looks best that way.

I'm surprised and pleased with the story decisions they made. Some characters really didn't have a role but to show up and fight and you can count their lines of dialogue on one hand. Best Marvel villain. Developed, deep, emotional. He was the main character of the movie. The last shot of the post credit scene took me completely by surprise, though, unlike the couple sitting next to me, I knew what it meant immediately. 

I know it's better than Avengers 2. It definitely doesn't work as a standalone as well as my top Marvel Studios movies (Winter Soldier, Spider-Man, Guardians). But it isn't supposed to. For me, the movie as a whole felt like it ran a little long, despite individual scenes feeling like they needed to be twice as long.

All in all, the movie surprised me, It satisfied me, and I don't think I'll mind Ant-Man and the Wasp as a palatte cleanser. 

44 minutes ago, Hobble said:

So does Ant Man movie occur during Infinity war or just before?

Will we suddenly see Wasp disintegrate at the end of the movie?

It's pre-infinity war. There's also a Captain Marvel movie that's coming out that set in the 1990s.