The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Where's Wellwood

3 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Enjoyed Infinity War.

Hide contents

But if Thanos has such great power why can't he simply create more resources to feed the existing population or create new planets and whatnot?

Because it is an Infinity Gonetlet, not an Infinity Creatlet.

22 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Enjoyed Infinity War.

Reveal hidden contents

But if Thanos has such great power why can't he simply create more resources to feed the existing population or create new planets and whatnot?

There are theories that he still needs to obey the laws of thermodynamics. He can't make new energy and resources, but only manipulate what already exists. In the comics his motivation is his love for lady death. He wants to right an injustice that there are more people alive today than have ever died. He's also the "Mad Titan", so he's supposed to be insane. In the movie, there is no lady death and Thanos is presented as a much more cold and calculating figure. The movie's explanation for Thanos' actions makes a lot less sense. 

• Upvote 1

amka-aliyak-marvel-champions.png

Amka Aliyak, a.k.a. Snowguard.

Inuit teenager from Pangnirtung, Nunavut

Amka's superhero identity, Snowguard, will be introduced in Champions #21 in late June. Her new abilities, powered by an Inuit spirit/force called "Sila," allow her to shapeshift and take on animal traits.

http://www.cbc.ca/books/meet-snowguard-marvel-comics-new-inuk-teen-superhero-1.4634479

On 2018-05-03 at 7:33 AM, Hobble said:

So does Ant Man movie occur during Infinity war or just before?

Will we suddenly see Wasp disintegrate at the end of the movie?

On 2018-05-03 at 8:58 AM, taxi said:

It's pre-infinity war. There's also a Captain Marvel movie that's coming out that set in the 1990s.

the next ant man movie is actually them in a different dimension at the time that half the population is gone by thanos and is why they are not affected. 

On 5/19/2018 at 1:48 AM, D.Keith said:

the next ant man movie is actually them in a different dimension at the time that half the population is gone by thanos and is why they are not affected. 

It might be in a different dimension, but the movie takes place before the events of Infinity War. 

12 hours ago, taxi said:

It might be in a different dimension, but the movie takes place before the events of Infinity War. 

i'm just talking about when thanos snaps his fingers and uses the gauntlet and half the population of the world disappears. i'm just saying why ant man didn't disappear 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

Final trailer I believe until the TV spots and movie release.

Stoked.  Will have to revise my marvel viewing list for this.  Movie timelines only, skipping netflix and made for TV

Captain America

Captain Marvel 

Iron Man

Hulk

Iron Man 2.

Thor

Avengers

Iron Man 3.

Thor Dark World

Captain America Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Avengers Age of Ultron

Ant man

Captain America Civil War

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

Spider Man Homecoming

Thor Ragnarok

Ant man and the Wasp

Avengers Infinity War

Avengers Endgame

Did I miss anything?  And yes, I thought Captain Marvel was a better origin story, entrance of a new character than Thor and Captain America 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Anyone see the amount of people that lost their minds over Marvel at first not include Danai Gurira’s name in the credits for their new poster?

Yes but I don't pay attention to them anymore.

They're the same people that left bad reviews weeks before captain Marvel came out because...well whatever reason

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes but I don't pay attention to them anymore.

They're the same people that left bad reviews weeks before captain Marvel came out because...well whatever reason

And Captain Marvel ended up being one of Marvel’s best opening movies ever, so what did that prove?

On 5/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, taxi said:

There are theories that he still needs to obey the laws of thermodynamics. He can't make new energy and resources, but only manipulate what already exists. In the comics his motivation is his love for lady death. He wants to right an injustice that there are more people alive today than have ever died. He's also the "Mad Titan", so he's supposed to be insane. In the movie, there is no lady death and Thanos is presented as a much more cold and calculating figure. The movie's explanation for Thanos' actions makes a lot less sense. 

Then why not turn existing energy into food and resources, and then use his powers to limit population growth. There is a lot of energy out there. The movie didn't really do a good job of presenting Thanos as the "mad" titan. He's supposed to be crazy.